What's new
What's new

4 jaw chuck for atlas 10” lathe

Wanna Turn

Plastic
I am new to this forum and seeking information. I recently bought an atlas 10” lathe and I need a 4 jaw self centering chuck. Any help will be appreciated.

Welcome, Wanna Turn!

And, I DO mean that, although this thread is likely to be locked because your machine is one of the machines that we are forbidden to discuss here. You might try changing the title of your post so that it conforms to the discussion guidelines (posted at the top of the forum page). You are more likely to find parts for your lathe on one of the Home Shop Machinist websites.

And most self centering chucks have three jaws, not four. Four jaw chucks usually have independently adjustable jaws and you do the centering.

However, there are some six jaw, self centering chucks. I have never seen even a photo of a four jaw self centering one, but who knows?

Lots of 4 jaw self centering chucks listed you know where, think they all come from china, but not 100% sure that is the only source. Unless you are doing work using square stock that will be parted, I cannot see the logic in getting one. For most work that needs a 4 jaw, you want independent jaws.

Back