What's new
What's new

Really OT - Anyone use a Chiropodist?

Limy Sami

Diamond
Lock if you like Mr Mod, but for those on their feet all day???

Despite being on my feet for a lot of the day,I never have ..........until ;-

I had my feet ''done'' 2 days ago, and what a difference? having always looked after them myself - toenails hard skin etc etc as you do ! .......... I couldn't believe the difference a pro makes.

My boots felt a size larger, my feet and legs felt ''lighter'' and at the end of the day the fatigue and aches were much reduced.

If you doubt what I say, or think you're far too butch / hard / meathead for a Chiropodist I say ''Don't knock it till you've tried it''

FWIW I had a home visit Chiropodist who ''does'' the old lady across the street, ......she charge me her standard rate of £15, (under $18) which I thought very reasonable ........... so now on Sami's on for a regular monthly job :)

Must be an English thing....never heard of such a service.

You may know of it as Podiatry, ............ask at your local old folks home or sheltered housing scheme etc etc, I'd be very surprised if they don't have a mobile service call, ......there's good $$ in it for the Podiatrists and comfort for their patients. ;)

Not ever having the need myself, I'm pretty sure around here Podiatrist's are full MD
Doctors, with appointments, staff and associated high prices
(and no home visits)

Your system sounds much better.

Sounds more like a pedicure to me.

There's an assumption that pedicures just make your toes pretty.

Then you actually get one, and they use the angle grinder to take off your callouses, and the bolt cutters to cut back your nails...and the pneumatic chisel to clean up your cuticles.

Then after all of that, they actually file everything to a nice precision fit.

Whether or not you go with a simple oiled finish, clearcoat, or full on paint and polish...that's to your choosing at the end.

Sounds more like a pedicure to me.

There's an assumption that pedicures just make your toes pretty.

Then you actually get one, and they use the angle grinder to take off your callouses, and the bolt cutters to cut back your nails...and the pneumatic chisel to clean up your cuticles.

Then after all of that, they actually file everything to a nice precision fit.

Whether or not you go with a simple oiled finish, clearcoat, or full on paint and polish...that's to your choosing at the end.
.....And you know of this how ?...:D

After that description, I sure hope sedation (heavy at that) is involved....:crazy:

Podiatrists are not "full MD's"

They are people who have spent four post grad years learning to do a great job taking care of feet and ankles.

They are often privileged to do surgery in Allopathic hospitals, but they aren't MDs.

Podiatrists are not "full MD's"

They are people who have spent four post grad years learning to do a great job taking care of feet and ankles.

They are often privileged to do surgery in Allopathic hospitals, but they aren't MDs.

Well, How else was I to describe my point to a member from England ?
You knew what I meant, they aint' on every street corner, and they don't doo
home visits.
And the prices are much more inline with a doctors visit.

Cardiologist and a pacemaker/defib unit keeps my heart running... Chiropractor keeps my back working... My feet are usually the deciding factor as to when end the work day...

Some good answers guys :) and YES I knew I was going to get some stick, but thought I'd pass it on, ...............so when you see your buddy or co-worker with a smile on his face and spring in his step, you know what he's been up to :D

FWIW Snowmans #5 is closest to the truth;)

One of the old jobs i had before i became self employed me and another walked in on a fitter using the painters air DA sander on the caluse on his heal, what about fucking creased us up was that not only did he have a dust mask + safety glasses on he even felt - had the need to have the booth air filtration on!

So what colour did you go for Sami? Nice machinery grey? Ford tractor blue?

I never looked into anything like that mainly because I hate to invite someone selling services into my house even although I might appreciate it once done? Over on this side of the pond it costs about 4 times that to just get a service truck to come to the house to look at a faulty air conditioning unit or a clog in the plumbing. Free estimates for home improvements are just a gimmick for a high pressure salesman to get a foot in the door. Then if they get the job and their flunky does a crappy job they'll slap a lien on the property to get you to pay up regardless.
Dan

One of the old jobs i had before i became self employed me and another walked in on a fitter using the painters air DA sander on the caluse on his heal, what about fucking creased us up was that not only did he have a dust mask + safety glasses on he even felt - had the need to have the booth air filtration on!

So what colour did you go for Sami? Nice machinery grey? Ford tractor blue?

Hopefully Purple

"ask at your local old folks home" You got that right Limy.

My sister in law's elderly father was mobile but eventually needed a nursing home for his other needs. Only then did she realize that since he could no longer trim his own nails they had begun to wrap under his toes. Enter Podiatrist and immediate relief.

If you have Diabetes you have to really watch your feet. Enter Podiatrist and prevention.

I have never used a Podiatrist but I would think most of what they do has nothing to do with appearance but with health. If you want looks you would have a Pedicure.

Dave

I believe the podiatrist is a more qualified person than the chiropodist. My teenage son was treated by podiatrists in the (much-maligned)UK national health service. They sorted out problems with his knees (caused by a poor gait) with heel lifts and suchlike things.

I see a podiatrist privately to sort out a gnarled big toe nail caused by dropping something on it (nothing industrial, I dropped a pot of jam in the kitchen...) and deal with calluses and other thick skin. It's like walking on air afterwards.

George

I go to a podiatrist every 6 months. First visit was about 15 years ago out of desperation to get relief for plantar fascitis. Now it's my favorite Dr. visit. I got her to get me a custom fit set of orthotics, they scan your foot with a 3D scanner, she makes a few changes to the file and sends it to an offsite service to form inserts for my work shoes. My I wear my work boots everywhere because they are so comfortable.

Back