What's new
What's new

6" Vise Jaws Like 5 Axis

athack

Stainless
Hello,

I'm looking for a source for 6" milling vise jaws that are similar to 5 axis jaws. They have a shallow holding ledge that is at an angle so the jaw bites into the material being held.

It seems to me they should be out there, please help.

Athack

Piranha Hard Jaws .08 step | MMM-USA LLC

e482a8_9fdfb2f677984a27a8d8adb7aec5e808~mv2_d_1920_1280_s_2.webp

No connection.

I looked into the MMM-USA ones but have not tried them. The aggressive profile looks like they would have good bite. My only concern with them is how far above the vise they stick. Makes me think that they would want to cant out at the top as the clamping pressure increases.

We have a set here at work that has no label on them. The teeth are less aggressive looking but sit much closer to the top of the vise. I did quite a bit of roughing in inconel with them the past two weeks and they held great.

This is my only experience with serrated jaws.

the piranha jaws are fantastic. We use the S**T out of them at work. prefer them over the talon grips. We kept breaking the Talon teeth even after they switched to S7 to "fix" the issue. The only damage we have seen on the Piranha have been from operator error/misuse.

Hello Athack,

Take a look at the CARVESMART™ 6” TalonTop system and Master Jaw set. These jaws fit 125mm, 5” and 6” vises. These-ready-to-use jaws incorporate a SMARTstop pin that provides +/-.0003” side-to-side location relative to the slot in the master jaw. We also offer blank aluminum jaws that you can machine with a step in them for the CARVESMART™ system. Please let us know if you have any questions!

CARVESMART™ Master Jaw Sets (6”):
CARVESMART™ Master Jaw Sets (6") | Carr Lane
TalonTop Jaws:
TalonTop Jaws | Carr Lane
Blank Aluminum Jaws:
CARVESMART™ Dovetailed Quick-Change Vise Jaw System | Carr Lane

Hello Athack,

Take a look at the CARVESMART™ 6” TalonTop system and Master Jaw set. These jaws fit 125mm, 5” and 6” vises. These-ready-to-use jaws incorporate a SMARTstop pin that provides +/-.0003” side-to-side location relative to the slot in the master jaw. We also offer blank aluminum jaws that you can machine with a step in them for the CARVESMART™ system. Please let us know if you have any questions!

CARVESMART™ Master Jaw Sets (6”):
CARVESMART™ Master Jaw Sets (6") | Carr Lane
TalonTop Jaws:
TalonTop Jaws | Carr Lane
Blank Aluminum Jaws:
CARVESMART™ Dovetailed Quick-Change Vise Jaw System | Carr Lane

Qty (2) post's all SPAM.

Doo you realize how badly your hurting your employers reputation ?

I always use Carr Lane products when ever I can, but not if this spamming continues.

I'll switch my drawings (old & new) to Jergens part numbers, with a note: "No substitutions".

Last edited:

Back