What's new
What's new

75 degree countersink, used for what

Bill D

Diamond
70 degree countersink, used for what

I bought a 70 degree countersink because it matches the vee angle on my lathe bed. I bought it to make lathe bed wipers and the metal plates to mount them.
I have not found any flat head screws that are 70 degrees. So who uses 70 degrees?
Bil lD

For some reason I can not change the title but it shows that I did in the edit box. .It is 70 degrees not 75

Last edited:
I bought a 75 degree countersink because it matches the vee angle on my lathe bed. I bought it to make lathe bed wipers and the metal plates to mount them.
I have not found any flat head screws that are 75 degrees. So who uses 75 degrees?

What kind 0f lathe has 75 degree Vee rails in the bedway?

Clausing and (Harrison?) use 70 degrees, at least did on the old manual machines.

maybe it is 70 degrees, I do not remember. It is for a Harrison M300. Still it is an oddball angle I have never seen.
Bill D

On edit; It is 70 degrees. on a colchester made by the same company it is 90 degrees.

maybe it is 70 degrees, I do not remember. It is for a Harrison M300. Still it is an oddball angle I have never seen.
Bill D

On edit; It is 70 degrees. on a colchester made by the same company it is 90 degrees.

Damn. Custom-angle countersinks. Store bought? Usta bee we hadda do that with D-drill technology.

And now? Yah make me feel like such a CHEAP- ass .. owning an ignorant vise that tilts.. off being too daggone lazy to swivel the mill head..

Yer a hard man, Bill D.

:D

"Damn. Custom-angle countersinks. Store bought? Usta bee we hadda do that with D-drill technology.

And now? Yah make me feel like such a CHEAP- ass .. owning an ignorant vise that tilts.. off being too daggone lazy to swivel the mill head..

Yer still an idiot troll Rooster Fish Bill! No projects, no running machines, and no work...loser!

"Damn. Custom-angle countersinks. Store bought? Usta bee we hadda do that with D-drill technology.

Yer still an idiot troll Rooster Fish Bill! No projects, no running machines, and no work...loser!

LOL! And you don't sign my paycheck, do yah? Count THAT a blessing as well. You'd have had a friggin' heart attack at what "never did anything" actually paid, even in 1993-94.

"Winning" takes many forms. Not having the east TINY bit of MY activity known to, let alone DICTATED BY,,, a congenital f**kup high on the list.

Suffer, oh OCD hag-ridden one!

Just keep right on suffering!

You have about as much chance of seeing photos as LT Philip Nolan had of the news HE so badly wanted.

Even if you got yer Mum's long life genes rather than yer Dad's? The other two guys on the list "so far" are both younger than you are!

I could very well croak FIRST. Just for spite? Nah. I don't really care.
I do not HAVE to!

Xin Loy!
mother-virtualist-"COVID Orphan".

Or was it athlete's foot she died of NOT? Such a considerate Son you are!

Not a person easily confused over his extravagant lies, are ye?

OT, Covid acronym to keep you safe.

My mother died of it, so some can make fun of that. Its getting boring for the most nasty!

"Credibility gap" izzat?

Then again, aren't all of your OTHER posts lies as well?

"Consistent" are you, then?

Go figure is has to be "at being barking-mad nasty".

Not enough Walla Walla,too much Wild Turkey.

Not enough Walla Walla,too much Wild Turkey.

Well . never mind the drama-queen and his famous cheap-saw arbour Peter used to wind hm up wth, over and over, and over gain.

You "know the drill".

Turn the c'bore or c'sink, 100% solid to the desired size and shape or taper.

Gash but ONE "flute", harden. Use. No relief? BFD.

Do something else with higher time-value for money.

" Well . never mind the drama-queen and his famous cheap-saw arbour Peter used to wind hm up wth, over and over, and over gain."

Hey troll, you never made a thing on a lathe! I found the arbor for the Delta Rockwell 12-14" Table saw!

2 left hand threads on a Monarch EE.

Well . never mind the drama-queen and his famous cheap-saw arbour Peter used to wind hm up wth, over and over, and over gain.

wJ0nFqS.jpg

Come on termite post a photo of something you have done......

It is a factory made 70 degree countersink, bought used on the bay. I ended up cutting the vee stair step style near to the line. Then I used the countersink as a endmill. Just cutting 1/8" brass so no problems.
I am happy with what I bought and how it worked out. But, I never did find anything using a 70 degree countersink. I suppose it could be for a flare fitting or something else not a flathead screw.
The saw arbor I made does not look as nice as that one but it works. Broaching the hex recess was a learning experience for me.
Bill D

It is a factory made 70 degree countersink, bought used on the bay. I ended up cutting the vee stair step style near to the line. Then I used the countersink as a endmill. Just cutting 1/8" brass so no problems.
I am happy with what I bought and how it worked out. But, I never did find anything using a 70 degree countersink. I suppose it could be for a flare fitting or something else not a flathead screw.
The saw arbor I made does not look as nice as that one but it works. Broaching the hex recess was a learning experience for me.
Bill D

I could very well have one - or even two - meself. Lots of odd needs over the years so if I see a well-made one, I figure it fits SOMETHING, so I grab it and stash it, Swiss goods especially.

Sure 'enuf, the oddball need eventually appears!

By which time I have the suspicion I have the c'sink, stashed. But NOT.... where TF I stashed it!

Maybe when I'm EIGHTY six I'll be more orderly?

:(

Bill D

OK. I did purchase a 70 degree conical end mill, so I could easily make things to clamp to the bedway rails of a Clausing 5900 lathe. Works well.

Back