What's new
What's new

Access doors will not open... 10EE

overhaulin

Plastic
I recently ran across an old fellow who said he had a lathe that had been sitting in a tractor trailer for the past 20 years and didn't know what it was. It appears to be a 10EE built in 4-1944. I tried to open any of the access doors but cannot, the handles or knobs will not move and I don't want to damage them if I can help it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

I recently ran across an old fellow who said he had a lathe that had been sitting in a tractor trailer for the past 20 years and didn't know what it was. It appears to be a 10EE built in 4-1944. I tried to open any of the access doors but cannot, the handles or knobs will not move and I don't want to damage them if I can help it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Rubber tire cord to protect the knurl and a Stillson wrench opened my 1944 ones. The 1942 had already been seen to, could be operated by hand, but a good glove recommended.

Do the one directly at the TS end first, then you can see how they work.

The dog is like a screw, similar to a water meter box lid, only wants a partial turn.

If rusted, once the dogs are released, sideways tap with a deadblow should do yah.

Back