Acquired Hardinge DV59. Have electrical questions...
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Acquired Hardinge DV59. Have electrical questions...

Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster here. I finally got My paws on a Hardinge lathe, and paid next to nothing for it. Iím looking forward to restoring it to itís original glory

I have every bit of paperwork from it from original receipt to maintenance records. That being said, itís sat for many years in an abandoned workshop, that started caving in as the structure decayed. I removed the squirrelís nest from it, and have slowly been cleaning/polishing/lubricating every moving part. The guy I bought it from, said it can run on 220 or 440. He gave me a phase converter setup, but itís pretty much worthless. I have a Phase perfect, and plenty of overhead, but I only have 220/380v. I guess what Iím wondering, is this: can it be run on 3 phase 220?

If not, I have a 2 HP 220 3 phase motor hanging around. It appears that that is the only part actually using that voltage. Iím going to post a few pix.

If any of you can make heads or tails of this, youíll be my hero!

Iíve read many posts, and I know at least a few people here own one. Would anyone be willing to point me in the right direction??

Thanks all!