What's new
What's new

Acu-rite DRO scale compatibility?

snapatap

Aluminum
Does anyone know if Acurite scales are compatible with any other DRO brand? or if they can be rewired/adapted to be compatible? (see pics for details on the scales).
We have a readout that we cant get out of "the power was off" message, either clear key is fried or the whole keypad.Buying a new acurite readout isn't really a option for this machine and i doubt anyone in Australia can fix it. i have a spare cheap SINO readout that has the same type of plug, that i tried but it doesn't work, I'm wondering if just the pinout of the plug is different or each brand of scale has its own signals?

IMG_5131.jpg
IMG_5132.jpg
IMG_5133.jpg
IMG_5134.jpg

Last edited:
Take the D200 apart, remove the printed flex cable from the connector on the PCB and clean both the cable and connector with alcohol. Put it back together and you have about a 90% chance that your DRO will be up and running.

If not, lemme know. I have a bunch of old D200's I can get a front panel off of.

If you are still looking just to get a different box, its a 5V TTL signal that the D200 uses. You can get the pinout to the Acu-Rite scales on their website.

Jon
H&W Machine Repair

Take the D200 apart, remove the printed flex cable from the connector on the PCB and clean both the cable and connector with alcohol. Put it back together and you have about a 90% chance that your DRO will be up and running.

If not, lemme know. I have a bunch of old D200's I can get a front panel off of.

If you are still looking just to get a different box, its a 5V TTL signal that the D200 uses. You can get the pinout to the Acu-Rite scales on their website.

Jon
H&W Machine Repair

Cleaning that connector has fixed it in the past but not this time. I have all the parts to make some adapters, so i think i will try that tomorrow.

Just a heads up for you. While both the scales I found and the Accurite use standard quadrature signals, it looks like the pin outs are different. With out knowing this for sure, scales and heads from different sources might be incompatible.

just to finish this off, i made a couple of adapters up, and the acurite scales work fine with the cheap readout.thanks for the help everyone.

Back