What's new
What's new

Adjusting Rambaudi x axis screw

Blazemaster

Hot Rolled
I recently picked up a Rambaudi MS3 and have been cleaning it up. Getting to the point where I am about to put the table back on, and I noticed the bearings were loose for the x axis screw. Does anyone know the procedure to adjust this? Or even better a manual? There is only 2 locknuts, started messing around with them and it doesn't make much sense to me. I'm sure i'm just looking over something simple and thought I better stop before I get into trouble.

Any help would be much appreciated. Yes the stupid photo is upside down, the forum seems to do this to all my pics.

Attachments

• 20200131_184308.jpg
    20200131_184308.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 75
Bump, the only place I have been able to find a manual for sale is from Tony's site Rambaudi M3 Series Millers Manual & Parts List | store.lathes.co.uk for $100+shipping. I'll take another gander at it and see if I can figure it out. There is 2 locknuts and if i move them one way it loosens one side, move them the other way and it loosens the other side. Doesn't seem to be a way to tighten them, but i'm sure its something simple and i'm just not seeing it.

Hello Blazemaster

I will attempt to post a few pics of what literature that I have on the adjustment of the x lead screw nuts.

A32CBF5A-0C2D-4110-8C08-6D074FEA7595.jpg

783B5CB3-C4A0-489B-9EB4-F71D1A082741.jpg

DBD0B8E3-798E-4202-9A63-79F06D52C4D5.jpg

I included the bearings, since it was on the same page.

Brian

Brian, thanks a bunch. I will take another look at it today. Looks like I need to shift my brain to the italian side to understand that.

Last edited:
Well after fussing with it for an hour or so I finally figured it out. The manual makes it sound so simple but when they say move the table leftwards until you can see the threaded rings, you need a forklift or a hoist to hold up the other end of the table. I had to put the table on, check it then move table add slings lift with forklift then tighten locknuts and do the whole thing over and over until I ended up with about .010" backlash and was still nice and smooth. I can live with that. Side shift on the forklift helped.

From what I see there is no way to tighten up the bearings, only the backlash on the screw/nut.

Back