What's new
What's new

Advance Rotary Table

Jason H

Stainless
A few of us need some help on the attached Advance Rotary Table. Has anyone had one of these apart? Does anyone have a manual for this?

Thank you in advance,

Jason

would like to see al of the potential uses myself....have had one for 10 years plus....I do not know it's full potential or anyone that does....that would be the determining point on whether I kept it any longer .... with the advent of more affordable CNC...it seems more like a museum piece. A HEAVY ONE TOO.

Mick

you can build with a cross slide rotary table is virtually limitless. As an apprentice, I spent many hrs. on a Bridgeport with a cross slide. However, with modern CNC & CAM, they have gone the way of the deckelsoures (panagraph).

Have either of you taken out some of the backlash? Mine is tight, but another member is having an issue. Anyone have a manual?

Thanks

jason

Have either of you taken out some of the backlash? Mine is tight, but another member is having an issue. Anyone have a manual?
Thanks
jason

I have seen a manual for Troyke brand rotary tables. I think they might be available online from the Troyke website. The Advance brand tables appear to be very similar to Troyke.

To adjust the backlash: Look at the knurled ring where the square protrusion sticks out on the left side of your posted photo. You can see that there is a set screw that keeps the ring fixed on the shaft of the leadscrew. As I recall: If you loosen the set screw, you now can rotate the knurled ring to tighten or loosen, because the knurled ring is threaded inside. At least, that is how it works on a Troyke.

Short of rebuilding the drive gears & such, I am not sure you can remove the dial backlash. If you are just trying to remove slop in the table then you should find a gib adjustment between the rotary & the casting. Short of this, you could drag the brake to keep out the slop.

If you end up keeping it, buy a riser for your bridgeport. (goes between the ram and bottom casting) Makes the machine a lot more comfortable to use.

You can make a lot cool stuff with your cross slide rotary table.

I tried to find the manual on Troyke's site, but came up with some quickie sales stuff. Does anyone have a link for me the impared?

Thanks

Jason

I have totally disassembled one of these. There are several adjustments you can make on them. There is a big brass screw behind a plate on the back for one adjustment. The assemblly the worm gear rides in can be rotated. The spindle the dial is mounted to has taper bearing the can be adjusted. This a fine piece and is built like a tank. It has been 8 months since I did this so I do not remeber all the details. But there was nothing that could not be adjusted one way or another. If you happen to find a manual please post it, I would love to have one.
Thank you
Joe

I may have located a source for a manual for an Advance Rotary Slide Table A-11. If anyone is interested, PM me. Thx.

Last edited:
Hello All

I too have just purchased a 12 inch Troyke rotary table and would love to lay my hands on a manual. So if anyone finds one please post........

WALT

Hello All

I too have just purchased a 12 inch Troyke rotary table and would love to lay my hands on a manual. So if anyone finds one please post........

WALT

I realize this is an old thread but I just purchased an advance rotary table and was looking for a manual as well. I found reprints of many old manuals here : MACHINERY MANUAL SUPER STORE

And the reprint for the advance table here for anyone looking :
Advance Products Operator's Manual & Parts List for the Model A-11 Cross Slide Rotary Table

Thanks! This is my first time posting in pm and wasn't sure how to post without selecting a quote! :confused:
Michael

I just took possession of an Advance B-13 cross slide rotary table. It came with complete owners manual, complete set-up and adjustment instructions (for those of you unsure about adjusting backlash out of this unit or dials, everything is adjustable) and complete parts list with diagram sheets.

If anyone wants copies of this documentation, I am happy to share. Email me or contact me through the forum.

Matt

We have 2 Advance B-15 Cross Slide Rotary Tables here on BP Series II Specials. They were the Rolls Royce of tools for Tool/Mold Makers until CNCs came along. I still use it for quick and dirty stuff. The rotary is extremely accurate and the cross slides are as good as any BP mill I've used. Yes they are big and very heavy so they stay on the mills pretty much all the time.

I just took possession of an Advance B-13 cross slide rotary table. It came with complete owners manual, complete set-up and adjustment instructions (for those of you unsure about adjusting backlash out of this unit or dials, everything is adjustable) and complete parts list with diagram sheets.

If anyone wants copies of this documentation, I am happy to share. Email me or contact me through the forum.

Matt

Hi Matt
I would love to get a copy also. I will send you a pm. The one at work is the 11" version I think.

Thanks
Andy

Andy, did you hear anything back from Matt yet? I haven't had any response

Lee

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I was using the table again a few days ago and thought of this thread. No Lee I never heard back from Matt. I would still like to get the manual If anyone has one at a more reasonable price. $100 for something that was free originally seems a bit high to me especially not knowing what info is in it.

Andy

Back