What's new
What's new

Advice needed – custom hardened pin for die set

Jason H

Stainless
I need a few thousand of the attached pin, and a few other sizes as well. These came from a die that was very old so I am not sure what type of machine was originally used. Any direction on what type of machine to use or a potential source for these would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Jason
66XhX5G2lplgsuZFYHyKyMMExkV8y1QcY-WT5KXMqOM.jpgdRHaUh3ebnAA7W-ak2raDX6BcoiRhs6jCBohOkRhFwk.jpghtFOGzrNaA_xfqkwTJRFSBAfLf3_DjfA9Hv7hikmbHM.jpgkWEmOk0z32nZv77FEonI0Hf9gWn1KnBXWA5LX7kNvFY.jpg

Looks like a standard rivet to me. Are you sure it is hard? Check out a Cold Heading shop nearby, they may carry tools to make these.

Is it a pin or a punch?

Just what does it do?

What is the shank size?

What is the function of the concave end?

It looks like a very short Headed Close Space Punch of the type Wilson Tool or Danly sell, but I've never seen one with a concave end on it like that.

... or one that short.

I know Wilson will make them in custom lengths and points, but it's not cheap.

Is it a pin or a punch?

Just what does it do?

What is the shank size?

What is the function of the concave end?

It looks like a very short Headed Close Space Punch of the type Wilson Tool or Danly sell, but I've never seen one with a concave end on it like that.

... or one that short.

I know Wilson will make them in custom lengths and points, but it's not cheap.

It is a pin that will be used to hold a small decorative metal piece. The other side of the piece has prongs that get bent over.

It does not have to pierce anything, however it is hardened because of high volume use.

The shank size is .097

Thanks

jason

Back