What's new
What's new

Albrecht drill chuck replacement jaws

specfab

Titanium
I bought some replacement jaws for an Albrecht chuck maybe 3 years ago, and it seems like the price for a set of 3 jaws was about $60 at that time. I just priced a similar set and they now seem to be $140 per set. In the words of Peter Boyle, "Holy Crap!"
Is my memory completely faulty about the previous pricing?

I bought some replacement jaws for an Albrecht chuck maybe 3 years ago, and it seems like the price for a set of 3 jaws was about $60 at that time. I just priced a similar set and they now seem to be $140 per set. In the words of Peter Boyle, "Holy Crap!"
Is my memory completely faulty about the previous pricing?

I bought my first Albrecht chuck, the 130J33 model, with a Jacobs R8-J33 arbor, in 1974. The chuck cost me about $35 (new) and the arbor was about $5. I have seen the Albrecht prices rise steadily over the last 45 years. My first new car cost about $3200 in 1966 and my latest one was $38,000.

This process is called inflation.

Larry

The OP deserves more than a breezy, dismissive non-answer. Inflation cannot account for a 233% price increase in 3 years. He is asking if his memory is faulty. I'm curious also. Kim

Which chuck? MSC has jaws for the C130/CP130 for $86; C100, C130, C160/CP160 and C65= $113-$116. That's with my discount. The list prices are more than twice that.

Back