What's new
What's new

Aloris BXA-77

Cyclotronguy

Stainless
Aloris claims the 7 / 71 / 77 holders are all compatible with Iscar cut-off blades. There is no back rake built into a Aloris 71 / 77. As I look at the Iscar catalog for their Tang Grip tools, it looks like they universally want 8 degrees back rake in the holder.

Anyone here sucessfully mated the two?

The BXA77 (also the 71) presents the blade horizontal, with no rake- find this to be a good feature because the cutting tip height stays constant. We use the Aloris and Sandvik blades, the rake is built into the blade/insert. If you use the BXA7 style blade holder and then extend or choke up on the blade, you have to reset the tip height every time you move the blade.

Depends a bit on how you work and what you're doing, it's not an issue if you leave the blade at the same extension all the time. Work happens on wide variety of diameters here, so being able to change the blade extension is pretty handy.

Last edited:
COLT45

I'm with you on all counts. My issue specifically is that the "poop sheets" for the Tang Grip blades all show that they are to be mounted in a holder with 8 degrees of back rake built into the holder. The Aloris 71 / 77 have none (the lighter duty aloris 7 does)

That said, for short runs, re-setting tool heights would be no big deal.

My only question is do I ignore Iscars's call out for mounting the tang grip blade in a holder with back rake. Machining 302 SS exclusively. I just happen to like the tang grip inserts

Back