What's new
What's new

Aloris wedge grip throwaway users... Any good?

Have used them for years, all manual machining.
Have done well.......does allow you to "stick" it out a bit for a deeper cut.

Caution of course.......lol

The inserts are not locked in with a screw as with all the other tool holders I have. And the inset width is on the heavy side.

The inserts are not locked in with a screw as with all the other tool holders I have. And the inset width is on the heavy side.

OP question: "Any good?"
I have used them for a long time in cutoff jobs and have found them good. The lack of a clamping screw has not caused a loss of insert holding ability as far as I can see. And the width being on the heavy side has not been a drawback - it fosters rigidity, and for just about every use I have had for this method I have not found that I could not live with the slight loss of material that the wider kerf causes. Happy with these things.

-Marty-

And the width being on the heavy side has not been a drawback - it fosters rigidity, and for just about every use I have had for this method I have not found that I could not live with the slight loss of material that the wider kerf causes.

I tried two Micro 100 blades and they both broke at the same point. That was at the holder side right at the braze. Those were thin blades in aluminum.
Trying to save a little bit of stock is not worth it.

Back