Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosK View Post
    I've been running ceramic rocks and dawn/palmolive in the tumbler and I haven't had issues, although, they aren't usually in there for more than a couple hours. I will check out the VF-77T. It seems the steel rack was the culprit. I will test it on some scrap overnight.
    I left parts in the (mr. deburr)tumbler over night by mistake, turned it off went home the parts were as clean the next morning no markings or stains.

once you use this stuff you will never use anything else again, its that good.

I use plastic media on alum and ceramics on stainless .
    a few ozs per gal.
    they blow dry off extremely fast and clean. leaves absolutely NO residue. if you touch the part a finger print will look like a giant scratch.
    we also use it on the floor cleaning machine, our parts washer(been rebuilding my daughters jeep an use it in the parts washer) and have a spray bottle diluted to wipe off machines. the stuff is great and not expensive I think around 15 per gallon. doesnt take paint off machines

Whats nice about it, is that it works in cold water, others need hot water like dish soaps to get grease/oil and stuff of.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well, the issues continue. I thought I could work around, and if they don't sit too long it's fine. I spray painted my stainless basket to cover the steel although that's wearing off. The circulation pump I use for my wash tub was a cheapo off amazon and it blows out brown water every startup, so I assume the internals are rusting. So, the water, even when clean probably has some ferrous content.

My conclusion is 7075 sucks for corrosion and don't leave it sitting in water. If they have to sit out overnight, I dry them off. If I leave them in the wash tub for more than a couple hours (running), I get issues.

This end cut I left in the tub overnight in relatively clean water. It gets a nice root beer color going.

corrosion7075.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just FYI- don't leave any aluminum parts in a bath with Industrial Purple or the Zep Purple Cleaner for more than a few minutes. Both of those are extremely alkaline cleaners and will etch/attack the parts. Its great cleaner and I use it to clean aluminum parts, but its a quick swish in the cleaner and then an immediate rinse in clear hot water.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Kitchen dishwasher pots and pans cycle does a nice job darkening aluminum intake manifolds for automotive engines. Hides machine work, sort of hides welding. I'm single so I can get away with this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

We use phosphoric acid in ultrasonics to clean carbide.
    It cleans some things well.
    So one of my packing gals has a son who wants to clean a Holley carb he is rebuilding.
    Mom says, "No problem, I work with a awesome cleaning machine"
    So they stick the parts in, set it for 30 minutes on full power and go to lunch. You can imagine what was left.
    Bob

6. Likes TeachMePlease, ratbldr427 liked this post