What's new
What's new

Amada CR300 bandsaw?

donie

Diamond
I am familiar with most saws except this brand. It looks like it fell off a truck, crunched control console, but mechanically the drive is not broken.
Is it worth saving?
EiM641x.jpg

The vice appears to be hydraulic, as well as other features.
woz7VVG.jpg

The folks that have this are good people I want to offer a decent price, but have to consider cost of repair.

Looks like your saw has an all electric console, the one in the junk yard has hydraulics routed to the console, probably a less costly model.
The hydraulics is not a problem, I work with that stuff, I saw an internet price of over $7000 for this one in like new shape.
My current saw is a 50s Johnson, I bought it 30 yrs ago as temporary saw until I could get a better one, however, the old Johnson worked just good enough, I have put off getting another saw until now.

I'm not sure for you and your situation (whatever that is) it's worth saving.
But I saved this one some years back. Control box wasn't AS smashed as yours, and it's an auto-feed saw.
PS.....I paid $350 for this one at auction.

View attachment 290497View attachment 290498View attachment 290496

good afternoon- would LOVE to find out if your auto feed works - i have a 'pehaka roboter' and i think it is identical to the pictured one-- please let me know-thanks,pat in calif....

That's a great saw, but being smashed up like that makes it pretty undesirable.

bigger manual saws tend to go pretty cheap even in good shape. I'd say that saw in perfect shape is worth $1500 to the right shop. That one needs a lot of work to fix it up decent.

If I really needed a saw maybe $300 for that? Otherwise I would pass and buy something ready to work.

Locally saws are always hard to find and expensive, might be that every farm needs one for general operation. I just snapped a couple of photos of this saw while buying a drill, I will look it over again tomorrow.
And from what I found, this is an automatic saw if it had a feeder.
I wanted to mention the old Johnson saw I have been using is not flimsy, the blade is easy to change, but it is clumsy, slow in speed, and low in power.

Locally saws are always hard to find and expensive, might be that every farm needs one for general operation. I just snapped a couple of photos of this saw while buying a drill, I will look it over again tomorrow.
And from what I found, this is an automatic saw if it had a feeder.
I wanted to mention the old Johnson saw I have been using is not flimsy, the blade is easy to change, but it is clumsy, slow in speed, and low in power.

No, that is nothing like an automatic saw. That is a 100% manual saw. Maybe Amada used the same basic frame for an auto version, but there are many differences beyond just a shuttle table.

good afternoon- would LOVE to find out if your auto feed works - i have a 'pehaka roboter' and i think it is identical to the pictured one-- please let me know-thanks,pat in calif....

Yes, the feed worked well on this one and still does on the identical saw I still have. To clarify, these are "Roller vise" saws and do not have a shuttle vise. The mechanicals and electrical aren't too complicated on these.

Yes, the feed worked well on this one and still does on the identical saw I still have. To clarify, these are "Roller vise" saws and do not have a shuttle vise. The mechanicals and electrical aren't too complicated on these.

so is it a pehaka?--i can push the contactor together and make the fast feed work,but can't get it to auto feed w/ the slow speed at all... will try to get pics tomorrow-but i always feel like there is a switch that needs to be set diff...one thing that floored me was when i moved the counter to 0 or something,that then the saw stopped working !!-scared me1even pulled the motor off the feed drive and had it ck'd at a motor shop -both speeds work great! thanks,pat

so is it a pehaka?--i can push the contactor together and make the fast feed work,but can't get it to auto feed w/ the slow speed at all... will try to get pics tomorrow-but i always feel like there is a switch that needs to be set diff...one thing that floored me was when i moved the counter to 0 or something,that then the saw stopped working !!-scared me1even pulled the motor off the feed drive and had it ck'd at a motor shop -both speeds work great! thanks,pat

These are Victor brand saws, but there are the same saws out there with several names. All made in the Ding-Dow band saw factory no doubt.
Only 1 feed speed on these. Ya, post pics of the saw and a control panel close up.

These are Victor brand saws, but there are the same saws out there with several names. All made in the Ding-Dow band saw factory no doubt.
Only 1 feed speed on these. Ya, post pics of the saw and a control panel close up.

ok-will apologize in advance for all the twisted pics-have fought this battle before--they are all taken from same perspective!-just luck of draw how they come out-later,will try again ,,,,pat

Attachments

• IMG_1222.jpg
    IMG_1222.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_1223.jpg
    IMG_1223.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1226.jpg
    IMG_1226.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1224.jpg
    IMG_1224.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1231.jpg
    IMG_1231.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 29
well,my motor has 2 separate wire hookups onit,and i'm sure the feed to stop is supposed to be relatively slow.as i say,it doesn't auto feed ever-but closing a contactor (when i take the panel open and expose the circuitry) i can make those feed rollers turn rapidly,but i'm sure too fast for just bar feed-and can't seem to find a contactor to close to make it go slower than that 'rapid'... btw ,does yours have a cover over the chain and rollers?-mine was missing BOTH the chain and cover of any sort...thanks,pat

well,my motor has 2 separate wire hookups onit,and i'm sure the feed to stop is supposed to be relatively slow.as i say,it doesn't auto feed ever-but closing a contactor (when i take the panel open and expose the circuitry) i can make those feed rollers turn rapidly,but i'm sure too fast for just bar feed-and can't seem to find a contactor to close to make it go slower than that 'rapid'... btw ,does yours have a cover over the chain and rollers?-mine was missing BOTH the chain and cover of any sort...thanks,pat

Yes, the chain is covered. You can see the cover in the picture of my saw all cleaned up.
Ah well, based on your assuming the rollers are turning 'too fast', and you never seeing one of these saws operate, it's 100% speculation on your part. So I'm certain it's just one speed, and the rollers turn same speed as all these models do including mine. Maybe the motor IS 2 speed, sounds like it is if the motor shop did indeed check it. BUT my 2 saws only use 1 speed, and I don't know how 2 speeds could be used without more complicated electricals. These saws are pretty simple and low tech.

PS Just looked at the tag on my feed motor. 1130 RPM listed. Just one speed.
So what does the tag say for RPM on your feed motor??
How many wires come out of your motor?

i'll have to see if i can pull the cover off in place,and show the 2 diff connection places-before,i pulled the motor before pulling the wire connections,because at the time i thought the motor was dead,and wanted it all in one piece to take to the motor shop....haven't been using this for several months now...

Just post a pic of the motor data plate. You should start a new thread about your saw.

well,here's pic showing two side by side wiring connections-they each make a diff speed when bench testing..

Attachments

• IMG_1233.jpg
    IMG_1233.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 24

Back