amatuer needing help
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default amatuer needing help

I have always loved building things for myself. I only have a high school metal shop knowledge of machining. A friend came to me and asked me if I could build some stuff for him. He is inventing a new gadget that he doesn't want me to talk about. It will involve drilling holes repeatedly through 4" thick mild steel and making a 2inch wide by 1 inch deep cut into another piece. If he gets successful I will need to produce this stuff on a production basis. What type of CNC equipment would be best for full production runs. I saw a beam line call the OCEAN AVENGER that would do the drilling, but it is too large for my needs and it cannot do the milling. It would be awesome to have something like this so I could machine the whole stick of material then cut it up to the sizes I need. Any help is appreciated

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I only have a high school metal shop knowledge of machining.
    If he gets successful I will need to produce this stuff on a production basis
    Hmmm are you a business man being tasked by your boss to come up with a production plan?? Or is this a school project or something?

Think about this for a second.
    If your friend gets successful. count on him having an experienced manufacture making the parts for him.

Just my 2 cents, worth exactly what you payed for it

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to the forum, but I have to close your topic because your title is meaningless. Please copy/paste your post and start a new topic with title that describes what your post is actually about.