What's new
What's new

American Made Bearings?

bellinoracing

Hot Rolled
Anyone know of any american made bearings? I am looking for some sealed 3/8" roller bearings for a project I am working on, and I always like to stay with american made parts if possible.

thanks

Anyone know of any american made bearings? I am looking for some sealed 3/8" roller bearings for a project I am working on, and I always like to stay with american made parts if possible.

thanks

Timken has alot of made in the USA bearings... but it seems like on the shelf of bearings of a particular size, three are US made, and the rest are made elsewhere.

That said, european and japanese brands are just fine. SKF, *********, etc. To stay purely US for the sake of it is silly.

That said, european and japanese brands are just fine. SKF, *********, etc. To stay purely US for the sake of it is silly.

Hmmmm...I would have to guess that the O.P's reason would be to support American businesses where possible. It is very telling that you seemed to miss that angle.

Whilst understanding the OP's wish to buy USA made;-

IMO The problem is that bearing manufacturers are big corp's AKA global, so bearings are made whereever they decree, as has already been staed, some types and sizes from one country, the rest of the catalouge from a whole range of countries.

Another thought ;- The OP states a 3/8'' bearing, metric sizes are far more popular hence cheaper.

I purchased some Timken tapered cone bearings a while back and one was a 1.5" id made in India the other a 2" id made here. Guess which one had three obviousely bad rollers in it? Thats right the one made here. I was rather dissapointed.

Note to Mark. I gave you a "like". According to Gordon, thats very important. Some how misplacing this place for face book.

I'll be counting on your like to likeness ratio, to keep up the likeness quoto. :D

Un facebooked. Phil.

Timken has alot of made in the USA bearings... but it seems like on the shelf of bearings of a particular size, three are US made, and the rest are made elsewhere.

Why was that comment even necessary? Mike

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Cornilsn

Even more remarkable,which comment dont you think isn't necessary Mikey?

Was it those dirty stinken european and japanese brands, or maybe ********* set you off?

Your opinion will be worth a shit when you can read and understand the avatar rule we have here.

Linky poo maybe you can understarnd that you TROLL >>>>http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/general/avatar-guidelines-151022/

You're just what this joint need's. More gum flappers.

Last edited:
Coincidentally, i was out looking for a bearing and happened upon a company who i think proclaimed to have only domestic production...

Which one was it... was it National Precision Bearing? I don't remember. I think so though... try there.

Mike,
Let's see, been a member not even a month, 150 posts, one of which you're asking how to make something.

I have to agree with Machtool. There are foreign bearing makers all over the US. And just because you purchase a US brand, does not mean that they're made here.
JR

A true asset to PM you are, machtooly! Love, Mike

Would you like to take a vote? My membership verses yours?

The fact remains, you cant, haven't, nor tried to substanciate this claim.
That would be because your are a troll. Low on facts , big on statements, but a troll, with a shit Avatar, that cant read instructions. I've seen a hundred of your type since I've been here. I'll be here long after you have blown your load.

Phil.

I have had good luck with MRC AND SKF. They are the same company now. Last Timkem I bought was made in Brazil. Plus another country, I want to say Poland
not sure. I know Timken does make some here but size and type are limited. Ask your supplier.

Back