What's new
What's new

American made fly cutter?

I think Tormach makes fly cutters.

Also, Interstate "provides" fly cutters. Whether they are actually made in the US, not sure. You could always ask them to make a fly cutter for you at 10x the usual price if you wanted to guarantee it was US made:

Interstate Tool Corp.
4538 West 130th Street
Cleveland, OH 44135
216-671-1077 or Fax 216-671-5431

I think Tormach makes fly cutters.

Also, Interstate "provides" fly cutters. Whether they are actually made in the US, not sure. You could always ask them to make a fly cutter for you at 10x the usual price if you wanted to guarantee it was US made:

Interstate Tool Corp.
4538 West 130th Street
Cleveland, OH 44135
216-671-1077 or Fax 216-671-5431

Looks like the Tormach is a great little unit: 32428 - TTS SuperFly Cutter Kit

Why don't the mfg's put specs on their websites?

Any idea the shank size?

ps: Interstate is the same overseas crap with a "US sounding" name!

IMHO,i wouldn;t sell one or be in a shop with a 1/2" shank cutting.
2cents for WIW.

liability...sorry to be blunt

Trying to find a quality fly cutter with a 1/2" shank, any ideas?

Look at the Walter BLAXX M3024. The head screws onto different shanks. In the BP case it would be R8.
In your case (I don't know Clausing) there might be a manufactured shank. Otherwise a 1/2" adapter shank
would be easy to make. The eight sided inserts on mine are still on their 1st position.
Google Walter Waukesha.

IMHO,i wouldn;t sell one or be in a shop with a 1/2" shank cutting.
2cents for WIW.

liability...sorry to be blunt

Not for high metal removal, just light cuts to clean up some 6Al4V.

Fly Cutter

Not sure what the diameter is but darn sure it won't be 3/4. :-)

Teryk

lol! 1/4"?

Look at the Walter BLAXX M3024. The head screws onto different shanks. In the BP case it would be R8.
In your case (I don't know Clausing) there might be a manufactured shank. Otherwise a 1/2" adapter shank
would be easy to make. The eight sided inserts on mine are still on their 1st position.
Google Walter Waukesha.

That's definitely an option: Walter BLAXX M3024

But not sure how big it is and if a 1/2" arbor could be used. If I'm lucky they might have an MT2 solution to fit my Clausing, being German and all. Thanks!

Never buy anything l can make myself,Why waste money,As for half inch shank too weak for my liking.Cant see point of owning machinery and paying inflated prices for something you could make yourself

Back