What's new
What's new

Anti-finger burning bolt tool

edwin dirnbeck

Hot Rolled
I got tired of burning my fingers every time I get in a hurry when
9a83a11fc4f0e7af9bd303ccfd602b50.jpg

I chamfer or shorten a bolt. If you work on things you have also done this don’t deny it. I made this nice little tool that holds the bolts securely. And holds a 5/16 3/8 8 mm and 10 mm hex head and Allen head bolts. It works wonderful. Now if I can just find it when I need it and I am in a hurry Edwin Dirnbeck
670ff1273dadf12b26a19c669f340abb.jpg

aa5f8971ed95c21f590a0d1f6e69980b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont think that I saw this anywhere. But with all the information that we have at our finger tips ,maybe I did. So yes hats off to Frank. Edwin Dirnbeck
'

I'm sure they have been around long before Frank made some, but that's where I got the idea to make mine. There are lots of things like this that were devised way back when by some pretty bright fellows. Looking back through some "shop kinks" and similar books I've found all sorts of good ideas. It's nice to have those presented all together where you can quickly harvest them instead of going through all the time consuming process of designing your own sometimes. If you haven't seen it Frank's site is worth a look, might find some nice ideas there too.

FRETS.COM Machining

Franks site is a wonderful gift, especially to luthiers! Very generous of him to put all that stuff up there back when there was no way to monetize it. I learned a lot from him.

Back