Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Is it radial or torsional vibration?

Single phase motors and combustion engines have torsional vibration. No electric motor should have any radial vibration.

If you have axial vibration then something is seriously out of wack.

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    British Columbia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Strostkovy View Post
    Is it radial or torsional vibration?

Single phase motors and combustion engines have torsional vibration. No electric motor should have any radial vibration.

If you have axial vibration then something is seriously out of wack.
    What I’m seeing is mostly radial vibration. I’m reasonably confident that aligning the motor will make a significant difference. Aligning it isn’t going to be easy, give the limited space and way the motor is mounted. At the moment, it makes sense (to me) to replace the coupler at the same time…. hopefully with something that will help deal with whatever misalignment remains and any vibration that is a result of the single phase motor.
    I have aligned a few inboard marine engines where the flange couplers need to be adjusted within .003” . Done by adjusting the engine and transmission mounts. Not what I would call fun, but I’d rather do one of those than adjust this motor…. Either that or repeatedly stab myself in the eye with a fork.

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (1988) - Dinner With Ruprecht Scene (6/12) | Movieclips - YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyborg View Post
    Thanks for that….. and yes that is strange. I’m at the point where I’m losing my marbles anyway, so switched it on. Don’t need to be rewriting messages or repeating myself. No time for that. To busy searching for the verniers and then racking my brain when I finally find them…. why I was looking for these?
    You'll need a magnifier to read those Verniers too and maybe more light.

I saw the little icon that I had replied to this thread and had a moment of panic because I don't know nothing about no antivibration couplers. "Oh no. What did I shoot my mouth off about now?" 😆😆