What's new
What's new

Any available info on Tarnow lathes (TUJ-58M) and Rosenfors Mills (RFV-M)

paradigmshift

Plastic
I have an opportunity to pick both up at what I currently consider a decent deal, tooled up and running perfectly, but I can't seem to find much in the way of credible information, other than the Rosenfors is a super high quality vertical Mill, and to me looks like a K&T 50 taper Mill.

Intended use is home shop/fabrication, future business intent. I want quality, and precision.

I'd prefer a Monarch and K&T, but where I live, Seattle area, these machines hardly ever show up, which leaves me with the option of buying and shipping, or a machine referb company. I don't particularly like either. The two in question are a 2 hour drive away....

Any advice is welcome!

I have an opportunity to pick both up at what I currently consider a decent deal, tooled up and running perfectly, but I can't seem to find much in the way of credible information, other than the Rosenfors is a super high quality vertical Mill, and to me looks like a K&T 50 taper Mill.

Intended use is home shop/fabrication, future business intent. I want quality, and precision.

I'd prefer a Monarch and K&T, but where I live, Seattle area, these machines hardly ever show up, which leaves me with the option of buying and shipping, or a machine referb company. I don't particularly like either. The two in question are a 2 hour drive away....

Any advice is welcome!

" Tarnow " make decent quality lathes. Possibly better than " Colchester " . If I recall correctly they were/are made in Poland. As far as I know they are still in business. " Rosenfors " have a good reputation also but I'venever worked on one so I can't say from personal experience.

Regards Tyrone.

Tarnow is Polish, imported by a company once named Polamco, now named Tooolmex. I have a smaller Polamco lathe, an Andrychow TUG40 and love it, I think it's the closest thing to old line US made iron and wish they were still made and imported but the economics of Pacific rim competition ended that and forced Toolmex into higher priced machines and CNC machines. Toolmex is still selling parts, I think they are still located in Chicago. I bought mine new in '79, I've never needed to do anything except adjust the clutches and rescrape the compound..

Thanks for the info, and links to operation manuals! Very helpful so far, what would you guys consider a fair price, assuming good condition, and tooled up with a medium amount of equipment?

Back