What's new
What's new

Any ideas what this may be?

682bear

Aluminum
I just purchased a South Bend lathe. It came well tooled with a Kennedy box full of assorted measuring tools and attachments.
20161112_124040.jpg
[/URL]

Any ideas what this is? It seems like I have seen one before, but I can't seem to place it...

Thanks- David

I see a Iscar insert box, part of a dial indicator mount, a paint pen, an empty tool tube, tap, end mill, spring, a hold down stud and nut, center punch, a small cardboard box, some V blocks. Can anyone see anything else?

I fear it might be this thing, highlighted in red. With the double hinges, couple of notches and a rusty blade.

Gadget.jpg

Its an early circumcision tool. War board production Circa 1914 - 1918. When they had to run lot's of Wang's through, to stop mold in the trenches.

Yours is rare in that it has the two notches, for big boys and little boys.

Yours is somewhat rusty, and blunt. I'd polish / sharpen that up before putting it back into service.:D

The lame attempt at humor is appreciated... now I don't feel so bad knowing that I'm not the only person in the world that has no idea what this is... BTW, there is no blade on it...

Seriously, though, it may not have anything at all to do with the lathe or any other type of tooling... I just wanted to be sure before I toss it in the scrap barrel. And I'm not sure why my phone flipped the piture upside down... for those folks out there that can't seem to be able to read upside down, it says 'Rainbows End, Patent Pending'...

Anybody else? Go ahead, have some more fun with it...

- David

On google I found a listing for Rainbows End Precision Tools Inc, in Imperial Beach, CA. Incorporated by Frank Hoffman in May 1988 and last statement filed in January 1989. Current status is FTB suspended.

The lame attempt at humor is appreciated...
Be fucked that was a lame attempt. I spent 15 minutes on that, getting your photobucket to finally work with me, and then finally flipping the pic. At today's service rate I'll invoice you $37.50 $2.50 per minute.

You couldn't have thrown that on the kitchen table, and gotten a clean pic? The item only and the printing the right way up.

I'd suggest our lame attempt at humour, is only a response to your very, very lame attempt at pic posting.

While we are on the subject. Can any of you blokes see my 3/16" pin punch. I know its in there someplace.
clutteredworkbench_zpsc071240d.jpg

You're the one looking for help & assistance here, why make it so hard? I stand by my claim, its this months most fucked up pic.

And I liked my circumcision joke. My best work here in at least a month.

Hurt & Dejected.

Butt Fucked, Phil.

Mach2, I think you are probably right... I can see where it would fit that purpose... I'll have to look for the hold down stud that goes with it... Thanks!

Its a hold down clamp for a milling machine, or at least most of one. I have a couple of sets. Pretty handy for holding down light work on a drill press as there is no need to use heel blocks.

You chucked it in the drill press to dress the end.
Friggin hell. No wonder I couldn't find him. Only seemed like two days ago I was reading about raised stamping on drill bits. Then the phone rang and I totally forgot.

I'd chucked him in my Sears Craftsman....Hoping to hone the end into submission. You know the rest of the story.

Back