What's new
What's new

Any members from Salt Lake City that can check out a Forklift?

motion guru

Diamond
I have been checking out quad lift forklifts and came across this unit

Toyota Forklift 6000LB Quad Mast - heavy equipment - by owner - sale

Which is also being sold here: 2015 TOYOTA FORKLIFT 8FGCU30 6000LB LIFTING CAPACITY QUAD MAST | eBay

And after looking up the phone number, it is linked to the website: Utah Forklift Company - Utah Forklift Company Provides Sales, Service & Leasing For All Types Of Industrial Equipment Let Us Take Care Of All Your Equipment Needs!

I called on the ad and talked to seller. He says he has several units all with similar hours coming back off a lease that have been well maintained. I ask him to verify hours and model year and he sends me payment instructions and we get him paid Friday of last week via wire x’fer.

I instructed him to not deliver until the week of June 10th due to our loading dock needing to cure (we are pouring concrete on Monday the 3rd).

I would like to get the lift checked out before it ships so that any issues with it can be resolved and it is ready for use when it arrives.

Last edited:
This looks pretty sketchy. I looked at his ebay feedback. Lots of positive reviews from sellers- he bought a lot of stuff and paid.

The reviews from buyers- several pages of "penny recipes". Nothing of substance, didn't see anything over about 15 cents.

Does not appear to have sold any forklifts through ebay.

Google reviews look pumped up too- a bunch of individuals saying "great to do business with", and several complaints. Each complaint got the same response- "We have no record of you in our customer database"...

I would call the Toyota dealer in Salt Lake and arrange for a mechanic to go check it out. Then call the seller and tell him someone is coming by to look at it.

See if you get a runaround...

Well after a little research I ran across this website - https://www.bbb.org/us/ut/salt-lake-city/profile/forklift-truck/utah-forklift-company-1166-90014198 . . . and after reading this I started feeling queasy.

Colt45 (Steve) from this site contacted me and said he could check the lift out. He went over on Sunday afternoon and looked through the fence and saw a forklift that looked like the lift in the ad, but this appeared to be the only forklift that looked decent as it was surrounded by other forklifts that were in various stages of repair and being cleaned up.

Steve agreed to get with the Toyota Dealer Tech to check out the lift that looked like the one in the ad. The seller agreed to have it looked at and it checked out as a decent lift truck. We then arranged to have the Forklift dealer pick the lift up and Steve went over to check a few more details and this is when the seller got squirrely.

Ultimately, our shop manager got on the phone with the seller and told them that the forklift belonged to us per the Bill of Sale and purchase price paid and that if he didn't want trouble that they were to do whatever Steve and the Toyota dealer technician requested that they do with the forklift.

The Toyota dealer picked up the lift and gave it another once over and noted that power fork attachment that had been added was plumbed incorrectly and non-functional and that it appeared that several parts had just been removed but that they were easily replaceable at a low cost. So we told them to ship it to us and it arrived on Tuesday morning safe and sound. The forklift in the ad is clearly not the lift that we received as the photos of the engine show significant differences in the condition of the decals, also different cushion tires, and different arrangement of decals, missing fork carriage back stop - guard, etc. However, it is the same year and similar hours and configuration. It is a great buy for what we paid for it.

The company that does regular maintenance on our other lifts will check it out this week and conduct any maintenance / correct the power fork plumbing.

I feel like we dodged a bullet - clearly after reading the BBB reports on this company, it appears they have sold this lift before and then shipped a different (older / higher hour / poor condition) lift in its place.

A big thanks to Colt45 for his help on this - I did not want to be the next guy to write a bad BBB review on this company.

You've messed with his program. He doesn't have the one good-looking forklift to put in his ads anymore...

Glad to hear it worked out, those guys seemed to have a lot of complaints against them.

Back