What's new
What's new

Any one have zs instruments DRO?

castiron

Cast Iron
Hi,
Has any one had experiance with these DRO. they sell adaptors to meet other manufactures ends.
When i talked to them they said they build the units in Chicago from asiam componets.
Prices are very good.
mac,,,

I bought one a few years back. I was in a bind, and it was cheap and fast.

Overall, I am extremely impressed. For the money, its very good. It has all the capabilities of a Newall for a fraction of the price. I might order one for my HBM, only $1000.00

Josh

I bought one a few years back. I was in a bind, and it was cheap and fast.

Overall, I am extremely impressed. For the money, its very good. It has all the capabilities of a Newall for a fraction of the price. I might order one for my HBM, only $1000.00

Josh

Thanks Josh,
I have 2 new Fagor DRO one for lathe, one for mill and some sacales but need a few more and can't spring for the big bucks at the moment.
thanks for the imput appreciated.
mac,,,

The lathe control looks identical in layout - case to my Sino - sinpo or how ever its spelt. Lots of own labels of these DRO's out there.

Function wise its great and been totally reliable.

One of their guys hops on here every now and then. I have seen them, but in a sales setting not a shop setting and actually on a machine. Made down in Lafayette IN I believe.

Jon

I bought one of their scales to replace an ancient Accurite X scale on a Bridgeport. Quality seems good, works with the Accurite counter, been a couple of years and no problems. I'm happy.

Dennis

HWElecReapir is correct. DR300 (7 segment LED) and DR400 (7" color LCD) readouts as well as LE series glass scales are made in the USA at our Lafayette, IN plant:
PM_LafayettePlant.jpg
PM_LafayettePlantSMT.jpg

I would be happy to discuss pros and cons of our products vs other professional grade DRO systems (Heidenhain, Acurite, Mitutoyo, Newall, Magnescale, and Fagor).
Btw, both DR300 and DR400 readouts are directly compatible with Acu-Rite scales such as SENC150, and can also read their distance coded reference marks.

zsinstruments - Do you have longer scales than 60"? I'll be needing one for an 80" lathe, and I only saw up to 60" on your site.

Back