What's new
What's new

Anybody know who makes the electrical drop systems?

Looking for the overhead duct that you can clip your 3 phase drop cord into. The cord goes down to the machine. If you need to move the machine You can just unclip the cord and move it to the new location and clip it on without a major wiring debacle. What is it called? Who makes it? who sells it?

Just FYI usually HGR has some of this. You might find some various parts there to get you going. I think to buy this stuff new is super expensive. I considered it too but I think cost was out of my league.

When you go to a clearing sale.....the overhead bus system always goes for more than the machines...even CNCs.......the cost of the overhead may be why they went broke!

$20 Million?

Isn't someone doing the design work. Architect? Mechanical Engineers?

These types of people KNOW where to go for the various things that go into buildings of this type. Or, at least they should if you/they have carefully chosen a good firm to work with. A good architectural firm will have electrical engineers on their staff.

I have designed and installed the equipment areas of new TV studios, but the buildings and the electrical work in them was designed by competent architectural firms and installed by knowledgeable electrical contractors. Picking the architects was one of the first things that we did in the planning process. Then the electrical work was decided by bids.

$20 Million?

Isn't someone doing the design work. Architect? Mechanical Engineers?

These types of people KNOW where to go for the various things that go into buildings of this type. Or, at least they should if you/they have carefully chosen a good firm to work with. A good architectural firm will have electrical engineers on their staff.

I have designed and installed the equipment areas of new TV studios, but the buildings and the electrical work in them was designed by competent architectural firms and installed by knowledgeable electrical contractors. Picking the architects was one of the first things that we did in the planning process. Then the electrical work was decided by bids.

Team Damager, uh Manager asked me about it. He wanted to know a bit about it before talking to the architect.

I bought a trailer load of Square D I-Line aluminum 400A bus duct at auction. I thought i was going to use it in my shop, but when I found out how much more I was going to have to spend for drops and etc I sold it all. The aluminum style is nicer to handle, 2 men can sort of handle one length. I see I-Line in a lot of industrial installations.

I bought all mine when a local school district bought some industrial buildings to convert into classrooms. I think mine is Square D 600V 250 amp copper. I got 100 feet of busway, starter box and 30 disconnects for the cost of one disconnect new.

Wal-Mart.....seriously, look UP next time your in the store.

They have some kind of continuous (not a door/socket every 3' or so)
looks to be less power though.

I got super lucky, bought about 60 feet of duct with boxes for less than a grand back in 1996. Then when I moved to this shop I bid on a whole pile of duct and boxes on ebay, and no one put in another bid. Had to drive to PA and haul it home but 100 bucks it was mine. I didn't need the aluminum ladder stuff and the guy had his kid scrap it. HE was happy as he got paid to tear it out of a building, and paid to sell it.

Now boxes go for big money.

Crazy

Back