What's new
What's new

anyone heard of "bipico" band blade stock?

tnmgcarbide

Diamond
this stuff is dirt cheap , about $30 for 100' coil. i wreck more bands than i
could ever dull- weldments, rebar, mill scale , mystery metals , shit waaay thinner
than the rec'd 2-3 tooth engagement....

indian tools are usually a bad joke(not funny) but the saw looks interesting.
i have some "Hindustan" files that are actually very good.

anyone tried 'Bipico"?

has to be better than Starrett.:(

Post up a supplier, would love to try it as im sick of blades that crack and generally having to reweld them with the tig, might as well weld my own from the start, just never found a source of blade stock.

Am assuming thats bimetal or are you using carbon steel? Tried carbon steel, but whilst it cut well, for me at least it went blunt a bit too soon to make it cost effective. Worked out it was about 2.5 carbon steel blades to one Hss bimetal and the cost was was more like only 30% cheaper.

probaly get hammered, but if you want cheap end mills that seam to cut well, try DRILL PRO ones, great value for money and do better than you would expect and certainly far far better than they should for the cost!

Don't be too quick to knock indian stuff, i did a fair bit of stone - concrete grinding and there by far the cheapest supplier of diamond masonry tooling going and it holds up damn well compared to the branded stuff costing a lot lot more!

i tried the blade out today.... brass-brazed a band for my wet-cutoff saw....

this material cut all day - about 20 cuts in 4130 1" round, 10 cuts of 2"
sch 40 black pipe, 10 cuts of 3/4 allthread , 10 cuts of HR 1060 2" round, and
a few aluminum and plastic pieces.

held up very well with the alloy and the HR mill scale and black pipe scale.
still very sharp and in good shape.

i think it's a decent carbon band- esp for $3.33 .

however-

it is supplied in the SHITTIEST PAPER BOX i've ever seen. not made for dispensing the band . the paper is the thickness of a magazine cover, and the
coil is tied with wire to keep it from exploding . luckily i had an empty
nicholson box to stuff it into before i released the giant slinky.

Back