What's new
What's new

Anyone here know what signal output on Sargon DRO scales ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Would like to adapt Sargon scales (already mounted to lathe) to display on Acurite or Heidenhain box if possible. Suspect the pin out on Sargon connectors is different from Acurite and Heidenhain also, yes ?

I will second what ronf said. The guy at LMSC in Anaheim is very knowledgeable and they are great to deal with.

I have bought a number of Korean made Jenix units from them that are dirt cheap and very nicely made. Haven't been able to kill one yet in 6 years. Very easy to talk to.

I will second what ronf said. The guy at LMSC in Anaheim is very knowledgeable and they are great to deal with.

I have bought a number of Korean made Jenix units from them that are dirt cheap and very nicely made. Haven't been able to kill one yet in 6 years. Very easy to talk to.

I installed a Jenix unit on a Millrite MVI vertical mill in 2007 and have had no problems since. Glass scale. Their resolution is 5 micron, as I recall. In inches, reads to 0.0002". I do like Jenix.

Sargon is standard quadrature encoding. Pinout is different, yes. I've adapted Sargon scales to work on other DRO's before. The ones I had used a DB-25 connector. Wasn't hard to figure out what was what once I got the connector jacket off.

Somewhere I should have notes on the pinout. I'll post them if I find them.

Edit: I'll third what ronf said. We bought a few Jenix DRO's. They seemed high quality and they will provide you with Sargon adapters as part of the sale. That being said, it isn't hard to make adapters yourself if you already have a quadrature DRO that you want to use.

Edit 2:

Here's a picture of one of the connectors. That's the backside of a male DB-25. I believe the green(14) is ground, blue(15) is +5V, black(1) and red(2) are TTL1 and TTL2. It's been awhile and don't have my notes so .....

sargon_out-X2.png

Attachments

• sargon_out.jpg
    sargon_out.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 58

Back