What's new
What's new

anyone in Hong Kong? Machinery giveaway or scam...

I'm always skeptical buying from that region overall. I'll say this though, that's a lot of positive feedback (5000+), and the seller has been registered since 2009, there's potential it's legit. My 2CW.

-Tony

doubtful that some of the photos are of some the actual units for sale, but who knows...

Looking at the sellers other items there are quite a lot of machines.
Filter your search on his items by "most expensive first", to not get cluttered with the little stuff he also has.

You may have a problem with service. Some of these companies really don't like when you transfer a machine from one country to another. The control may be a Chinese-built Fanuc and Fanuc US may say "we don't service those." Mazak is another example of a company that won't service a machine bought in a different "zone".

It still could be a good deal but something to be aware of ...

I couldn’t get Haas to tell me what options a machine was equipped with using serial #, he looked it up, probably had the info on the screen , but wouldn’t give it to me because the machine was “out of his territory “ (different part of the US)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I usually hop over there at least once a week but been laying low until the protest wind down. This guys place is in Kwun Tong so I'd have to travel straight through the middle of the protest in Kowloon from the HK airport. As soon as it dies down a bit more I'll hop over and get the spill if the guys legit or not.

His feedback's are great but mostly the stuff he sold was cheap junk like Voip phones. I didn't notice any body in the feedback section mention cnc machines.

remember if its too good to be true, it is. Unless it isn't. Good luck getting them home though...:

BROTHER SPEEDIO R450Z1 used, offer your best price | eBay

https://www.ebay.com/str/ktusedequipment?_sop=16&rt=nc

It'd probably surprise most as to how much sent from China goes through Hong Kong.

As to taking a risk is payment after receipt out of the question? Going by the prices then paying in advance (especially the full price) wouldn't be smart.

With some of the items a brief "business vacation" could be relevant.

Going by the prices then paying in advance (especially the full price) wouldn't be smart.

Been down that road with the Chinese. Ordered two Hurco VM20i's with 40% down then the remainder due on delivery. (Delivery) being the key word. They arrived in Zhongshan at the factory and I have the riggers start to unload when some 300 pound whopper in a suit starts yelling in Mandarin to stop, do not touch until you pay the balance. We had to get attorneys involved because there was no way I was paying before installation sign off. Hah, That's what I thought anyway. Sure enough we either payed the balance or lose the deposit (Before unloading). They got the money, set the machines, and low and behold both were lemons. But in true Chinese fashion, Service after the sale is non-existent. After a few weeks of dicking with them trying to get some use we just mothballed them.

Back