Anyone retrofit a servo-type power feed onto their XLO 602?
Close
Login to Your Account
Likes Likes:  0
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Anyone retrofit a servo-type power feed onto their XLO 602?

As with most 602 owners, my proprietary excello power feed isn't working (honestly, like most it isn't even all there). Since this is my home mill, I was going to just throw on a cheap Chinese servo bridgeport style power feed. I'm curious which of the few available models would be the easiest for me to retrofit, or is best as far as value, and if anyone has any idea what I'm getting into would be nice to know. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I installed a Servo brand on my Excello and it fit with out any modifications. The import feed like I installed on my Webb mill would take some modifications I am sure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

i got my 602 in the mid 90's and it came with a broken Servo brand unit. Cost about $200 to repair. It has been working without problems in a home shop eve since.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Most servo style power feeds are almost identical minus the needle bearing diameter and needle bearing race id. There are a couple wonky import ones that have a helical a bronze gear.

Off topic but I once worked on a Victor lathe that had a Chinese power feed mounted on the tailstock end of the feed rod. Apparently they needed a lower feed rate. I have seen one on a cross slide as well.