What's new
What's new

Anyone still use gwizard?

plastikdreams

Diamond
Few years ago I was at a shop that made use if this program...I tried it a few times and every time the numbers it so it out we just way off...have they fixed it? If it actually worked it would be damn cool.

No. I tried it way back when it was a beta. Maybe it's great for hobbyists with converted Grizzly machines, but useless for real machinists, at least for CNC. It's written by a hobby machinist with no real world experience. Don't look for it to change.

I’ve used GWizard for CNC work for about 5 years now and I’m pretty happy (Haas VF3, VF2 and now with a smaller Hermle). I’m sure there are better solutions but it works for me when setting up work.

Of course speeds and feeds are never set in stone. Workholding, machine rigidity, tooling, cutting strategies, etc can drastically impact the applicability of a particular set of speeds/feeds.

I have it and will use it to get a ballpark to play from. I have yet to find any feed and speed calculation that seems to fit the real world.

I use it mostly for HSM calculations and reamer speeds and feeds and have good results. I haven't dove into using the tool library because I find it a bit clunky and he keeps changing it. I don't regret buying it but I probably wouldn't purchase it again. I'd give fswizard a shot instead.

I use it also, Have since it was in beta. I like it for when I do something in a weird material, as like 99% of what I do is in 6061. I usually turn it down to like 60% or so, make my first part, then adjust from there. I also think it has gotten better over time. Plus there is a lot of good reference info. Isn't the same as knowing everything in the world, but for a hundred bucks or two, if it saves me an endmill or two a year it basically pays for itself.

Back