What's new
What's new

Asco valve education, not all will do you.

rons

Diamond
I was planning on using a couple of 24VDC Asco valves to dump water from a air compressor system. Right now I have two valves that operate with 115VAC.

I called up Asco technical help with the idea that I could remove a 115VAC coil and replace with a 24VDC coil. Two things wrong with the whole idea. The valves will not operate correctly with a interchange like that. Also, even if I bought a whole new 24VDC valve the pressure limit is way below 150 PSI. Something like under 50 PSI.

Stuck with high volt controls.

Asco is big in the gas combustion fuel train business, much lower pressures expected.

I know Vickers hydraulic solenoids have different armature tubes between the 12/24 VDC coils and the 120/240 VAC coils. They did offer two power levels for a given valve; the low power coil malfunctioned in our application so we changed over to the high power coil.

Our logic circuitry was always 24 VDC, we'd switch whatever voltage necessary to do the job...

Lawn sprinkler solenoid valves are typically rated to 150psi with 24vdc controls. Ghetto, but it fits the bill for $20.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Back