What's new
What's new

Attn Moderator Material Handling and Rigging still needs mod approval for posting

You may have just hit a Database maintenance run. PM is having to do more than one pre-scheduled run a day for quite some time already. Plus the odd manual intervention on a smaller scale.

No, they do not tell me these things.

No need to do.

Well, I replied to this on friday:
Need shipper LTL 43515 to 32720

Yet has it been "approved"...

so posted again last night.....still nothing.

I guess we can all go over to the new board.....machinist(remove)board(dot)com

I guess we can all go over to the new board.....machinist(remove)board(dot)com

Welllll.. if so... why TF do that by dragging same-old tired BAD baggage in the door?

As some sort of "rite of entry pass-key"?

"Here cometh yet-another pissed-er-off-er"?

And under the same login UIDs?

"Nobody cares, work harder" and a CLEAN BREAK might make BETTER sense?

Not that I have to give a flying f**k.

Got the new "kibitzer.org" site to build-out for what REALLY goes down, when chatterboxes go online instead of "on the metal"!!

You'd have to know "humans"?

Predictable, statistically, "Student's T distribution" even, if you but select the sample as truly representative.

Even predictable, individually, yah but have the extra three eyes for that sort of tasking?

Owe y'all SOME kinda returns for that quarter-million pre-1972 tax dollars worth of training, yah?

"The more things change...."

The more the QC specs are missed ... in the exact same place and manner..

"Bad habits" or "obsolete behaviour patterns" some call that.

Inertia can be one Royal Bitch Kitty when a change in direction is "purported to be" on the dance-card. And might not be.

Time will tell... Shit-lousy at keeping secrets, Tempus was always.

:(

I love that forum.

It HAS proven to be useful.
It HAS prolly saved at least a few folk grief, money, and more..

Even so ... the downside to it is that even expert folk can f***k up a rig with maiming or even fatal outcome.

In the US litigation-heavy environment?
I'd actually recommend PM not even HOST the subject.
Too much at risk.
Let some OTHER venue deal with all of it.

Shouldn't have to be that way.

But..

"you'd have to know litigation - USA flavour?"

"Back in the day" when I had Day Job truck with such things "rapid re-training" of UK-seconded fast-track-brilliant Solicitors to US realities, the USA was NINE TIMES more likely to litigate an ignorant commercial contract than the second-place nation, globally (Japan at the time).

UK was only ONE TWELFTH as likely to litigate in that global ranking. Which is why Baker-Mac, London SENT these newbies to me. Mandatory briefing, week-one, as to WHY a three-page contract might have to be boilerplated out to THIRTY pages. No safe way around that.

I'd remove that whole forum. Out of simple prudence.
Not possible to even "quantify" the risk so as to insure it with any sane forecasting.

PM's "world" is simply too diverse for that. Costs too much to try and moderate the sanity of the contributions as arrive from wise, safe, experienced, trained, riggers .... and optimistic amateur fools alike.

Worse? No real gain.. .to PM. even if done to perfection.
And it cannot BE "done to perfection."

It has NO resembance to, for example, the strife over "professional" (or NOT so much..) scaping. Where the ways might go sidegodlin on a tired-old lath or mill, you happen to screw it up.

Rigging's "screwups" can be about happy-healthy. Crippled. Even dead.

That's just our world.

JFDWT

It HAS proven to be useful.
It HAS prolly saved at least a few folk grief, money, and more..

Even so ... the downside to it is that even expert folk can f***k up a rig with maiming or even fatal outcome.

In the US litigation-heavy environment?
I'd actually recommend PM not even HOST the subject.
Too much at risk.
Let some OTHER venue deal with all of it.

Shouldn't have to be that way.

But..

"you'd have to know litigation - USA flavour?"

"Back in the day" when I had Day Job truck with such things "rapid re-training" of UK-seconded fast-track-brilliant Solicitors to US realities, the USA was NINE TIMES more likely to litigate an ignorant commercial contract than the second-place nation, globally (Japan at the time).

UK was only ONE TWELFTH as likely to litigate in that global ranking. Which is why Baker-Mac, London SENT these newbies to me. Mandatory briefing, week-one, as to WHY a three-page contract might have to be boilerplated out to THIRTY pages. No safe way around that.

I'd remove that whole forum. Out of simple prudence.
Not possible to even "quantify" the risk so as to insure it with any sane forecasting.

PM's "world" is simply too diverse for that. Costs too much to try and moderate the sanity of the contributions as arrive from wise, safe, experienced, trained, riggers .... and optimistic amateur fools alike.

Worse? No real gain.. .to PM. even if done to perfection.
And it cannot BE "done to perfection."

That's just our world.

JFDWT
I thought I'd unhide your reply and maybe discover a gem of wisdom, now I just think YOU need moderator approval prior to posting.

Sent via CNC 88HS

I thought I'd unhide your reply and maybe discover a gem of wisdom, now I just think YOU need moderator approval prior to posting.

Sent via CNC 88HS

There are days.. when I actually WISH.. I had the ability.. to compound a PILL and mail it to some fool .... with the certainty that taking it would make the recipient instantly WISER!

But it will never happen.

So all I can do is call him out ... and hope he has the balls to go and LEARN ....of his own accord.

THIS display... of an abysmal lack of JUDGEMENT... let-alone maturity in general.... is why.. I was selected.. to TEACH the dam' course.

And you.. would not even... have scored high enough ... to have entered the school to START it. Let alone REMAINED in it to graduate.

Nothing personal in that!

I'm sure you are very good at some several OTHER things.

Flexible humans generally ARE! One just has to FIND OUT WHICH!

And a team can succeed.

As said:

"That's just our world"

Litigation OR rigging.

JFDWT

I started a new thread in the "Material Handling and Rigging" forum hours ago, got the "Waiting for Moderator Approval" message, I now have more info to add, but I can't even access/find the thread I started. Is this a forum problem or a moderator problem?

I know of no such feature implemented here pertaining to needing mod approval, so it's not a "mod" situation.

Maybe something got messed up in an update recently that somehow implemented that feature on that particular board?

I see that Milacron has been on the General board this morning, so I am going to ass_u_me that he saw this thread, and likely passed the info on to those that can look into it. I wouldn't expect much before Monday tho?

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

I know of no such feature implemented here pertaining to needing mod approval, so it's not a "mod" situation.

Maybe something got messed up in an update recently that somehow implemented that feature on that particular board?

I see that Milacron has been on the General board this morning, so I am going to ass_u_me that he saw this thread, and likely passed the info on to those that can look into it. I wouldn't expect much before Monday tho?

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

It is the next day, my thread has still not been approved/fixed, whatever the problem is. Maybe I should just post in another category, cause that one ain't working.

Impatience .impatience......its just like the army ....things have to go thru channels and be date stamped before any proposal can get to the next level......Now we all know the army works efficiently,so whats the problem?

Add me to the "waiting approval" crowd. Today, twice, after already posting to the "OT Another Super Duty Thread" thread at 2:36pm, two later comments have hit the mod-wall.

It's not a bug, it's a creature...

Back