Attn. Moderators, Unable To Edit Or Delete Posts! - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 50
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Aberdeen, UK
    Posts
    3,613
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1250
    Likes (Received)
    1379

    Default

    testusing Safari 11.0.3on MacOS 10.13.3

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Aberdeen, UK
    Posts
    3,613
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1250
    Likes (Received)
    1379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gregormarwick View Post
    testusing Safari 11.0.3on MacOS 10.13.3
    edit doesn't work on there either, and CR/LF is stripped entirely

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Aberdeen, UK
    Posts
    3,613
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1250
    Likes (Received)
    1379

    Default

    testusing Opera 53.0.2907.57on Fedora Workstation 28

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Aberdeen, UK
    Posts
    3,613
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1250
    Likes (Received)
    1379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gregormarwick View Post
    testusing Opera 53.0.2907.57on Fedora Workstation 28
    same behaviour as safari

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,186
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3457
    Likes (Received)
    3641

    Default

    test explorer for Edit

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,186
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3457
    Likes (Received)
    3641

    Default

    Did not work.........

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    7,737
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1807
    Likes (Received)
    5437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gregormarwick View Post
    Thanks, can confirm that it works for editing using FF 60.0.2 on W10 1803. It is still converting CR/LF to single space though, even when I edit using that method, so paragraphs are still impossible.
    That's interesting. I can still...


    Write paragraphs....


    Without issue. I think, let's see how this looks when posted.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    7,737
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1807
    Likes (Received)
    5437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    That's interesting. I can still...


    Write paragraphs....


    Without issue. I think, let's see how this looks when posted.

    And now I'm replying with quote to the paragraph post. Still paras or did they collapse?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    7,737
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1807
    Likes (Received)
    5437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    And now I'm replying with quote to the paragraph post. Still paras or did they collapse?
    Still good, I even edited the post using new window method and they stayed as individual lines.

    Where's PracticalMan? How dare he take a Sunday off...

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,264
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5843
    Likes (Received)
    4629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Still good, I even edited the post using new window method and they stayed as individual lines.

    Where's PracticalMan? How dare he take a Sunday off...
    As is often the case the"most PRACTICAL" of men - or humankind, to be more general - happen to be female.

    Jessica is not a "he'!

    If not Sunday off, what better day?



  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    7,737
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1807
    Likes (Received)
    5437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monarchist View Post
    As is often the case the"most PRACTICAL" of men - or humankind, to be more general - happen to be female.

    Jessica is not a "he'!

    Dagnabit, what's the world coming to?? Can't tell the birls from the goys anymore...

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,264
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5843
    Likes (Received)
    4629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Dagnabit, what's the world coming to?? Can't tell the birls from the goys anymore...
    P'raps not, but the "open in a new tab" use of the "Edit" button, then keeping an eye on the bottom-bar's activity, at use of "Save", tells us that it works because the NEW tab (or "window)" is able to make a remote call to an ajax.googleapis.com script library whilst the straight-in one dasn't even make the attempt.

    I'd guess the session token system is borked WEF a bungled SSL cert integration. The "stock" or straight-in Edit panel is served-up as a de facto "static" page-build - can no longer follow off-site links. Probable cause is they do not reflect the "https" site-root.

    Which never shudda BEEN there to begin with. But that's a product of "VB" devel coder FUBAR, not really a PM staff fail atall.

    Now.. MAYBE.. I can get PM to allow me to grant "likes" again after several months of not being able to do so?

    "TBD"

  13. Likes L Vanice liked this post
  14. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    st,louis mo
    Posts
    673
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1
    Likes (Received)
    349

    Default Here let me fix this

    In any other job ,if you walk up to something that is working and say "HERE LET ME FIX THIS" and ruin it.,YOU ARE FIRED.Edwin Dirnbeck

  15. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,264
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5843
    Likes (Received)
    4629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edwin dirnbeck View Post
    In any other job ,if you walk up to something that is working and say "HERE LET ME FIX THIS" and ruin it.,YOU ARE FIRED.Edwin Dirnbeck
    Aye.

    And William H. Gates, III would be a pauper? Or just another Lawster - as both his parents were?


  16. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Australia (Hobart)
    Posts
    3,579
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    569
    Likes (Received)
    2714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by edwin dirnbeck View Post
    In any other job ,if you walk up to something that is working and say "HERE LET ME FIX THIS" and ruin it.,YOU ARE FIRED.Edwin Dirnbeck
    You're not a programmer, are you?

    Since you don't seem to realise that the general public is actually the beta testers of all new code releases and gets to pay for the privilege.

    If you don't like that, you can always write your own perfect software, starting from the bare silicon, because otherwise you'd be working on top of other peoples' flawed code.

    PDW

  17. Likes steve-l liked this post
  18. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    15,557
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PDW View Post
    You're not a programmer, are you?

    Since you don't seem to realise that the general public is actually the beta testers of all new code releases and gets to pay for the privilege.

    If you don't like that, you can always write your own perfect software, starting from the bare silicon, because otherwise you'd be working on top of other peoples' flawed code.

    PDW
    My cousin in a long time programmer for a very large, worldwide shipping company.

    They DO NOT drop program changes onto the customer, they have a "test database"
    Where the test, test, and retest.

    The "customer" doesn't like an overnight shipment to be "stuck" at a hand off point,
    because of a software glitch.

    In the case of this place, "hey it's a free concert from now on....and don't drop the
    brown acid man...."

  19. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,186
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3457
    Likes (Received)
    3641

    Default

    just tried with using fire fox will will see

  20. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,186
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3457
    Likes (Received)
    3641

    Default

    still not working

  21. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,264
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5843
    Likes (Received)
    4629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    just tried with using fire fox will will see
    I was accustomed to editing a website in a second tab from years ago. Anything went awry, I simply re-saved the unaltered primary for a clean return to unwind all changes.

    Ergo, I actually find it HANDIER to have to do editing in a second tab now on PM. The "original" tab lets me scan up-thread. A refresh will show if new material has been contributed whilst editing.

    I'd call it an accidental improvement, so long as .. we get used to the new way of having to use it.


    Never did encounter the line break or whitespace munging.

  22. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    West Unity, Ohio
    Posts
    25,414
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    5670
    Likes (Received)
    8091

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    My cousin in a long time programmer for a very large, worldwide shipping company.They DO NOT drop program changes onto the customer, they have a "test database"Where the test, test, and retest.The "customer" doesn't like an overnight shipment to be "stuck" at a hand off point,because of a software glitch.In the case of this place, "hey it's a free concert from now on....and don't drop thebrown acid man...."
    Well I for one sure have issues with one particular werldwide shippers web page! If I choose "Smart Pick-up" after the cut-off time, and yet my guy picks it up or I deliver it to the terminal, my guy shows up the next day to pick that package up aggin as it is still on the system - forget the fact that it has likely already been delivered in the last few hours at this point. (puke) - Sure seems that someone could figger out how to fix that! - It also doesn't want to save one of my customer's address for some reason either, but ....When I asked the "Help" line about it, I get the canned answer "Did you clean up all the cookies and worsh the dishes first?" I got kind'a lippy with the one keyboarder there about if they ever actually read the questions or just always start with the same BS? -----------------------Think Snow Eh!Ox


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •