What's new
What's new

Attn Mods: Can we get a ban on donie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike1974

Diamond
Yes, I know I can block him, but wouldn't it be better for a mod to ban him, or temp ban at least? He has contributed nothing lately except to jump in any thread thermite posts in and trash talk. I know we all have our moments, but this has been a relentless onslaught of CRAP. This site is better than that.

Yes, I know I can block him, but wouldn't it be better for a mod to ban him, or temp ban at least? He has contributed nothing lately except to jump in any thread thermite posts in and trash talk. I know we all have our moments, but this has been a relentless onslaught of CRAP. This site is better than that.

I agree with you 100%, but this thread will get locked just like mine did.......:skep:

I'm really not sure what to think anymore.

OT - Mods...A petition to stop the thread-pooping.

Advocating for the banning of a member runs very much against the grain for me. Too many members that I liked to have around have been run off the site by brigading moralisers, such that I'm normally among the first to jump in and demand everyone put away their pitchforks.

But I suppose there is an exception to every rule.

Donie is effectively just a spammer at this point and should probably be treated as such.

More calls to ban people?

Yes, he does seem to follow Thermite around but he fans the flames by having to answer every post.

There are a few people here I despise but banning IMO is a severe form of censorship and I think it is not called for except in severe cases. I was once banned FOR LIFE because someone didn't like my opinions so I have some sympathy for potential banees.

Skip, over, block, or whatever. You don't HAVE to read those posts.

There is also the consideration that a few years back he littered the forum with very public threats aimed at Milacron of actions he was going to take if Thermite was not hung, drawn and quartered and suspended for all to see and the crows to peck at on the home page of the forum (or banned, I suppose).

How he wasn't banned after that episode I have no idea. Maybe he was, temporarily. I forget.

True, but new people that come into this site see his constant shitposting will see it and IMO it's a bad look for PM. He can't just run amuck, it needs to be dealt with by the mods.
Call it censorship, I call it accountability.

More calls to ban people?

Yes, he does seem to follow Thermite around but he fans the flames by having to answer every post.

There are a few people here I despise but banning IMO is a severe form of censorship and I think it is not called for except in severe cases. I was once banned FOR LIFE because someone didn't like my opinions so I have some sympathy for potential banees.

Scott, we are all entitled to our opinion. I normally skip over the BS instead of blocking, or advocating a ban. BUT you have to admit it has been really bad. I agree thermite might fan the flames and antagonize, but once you learn thermit-e-nese he does at least contribute to some actual machining related issues.

Donie has been an extremely vital source of info and instruction on Monarch mechanical & electrical issues. Hopefully he can find some peace?

I see thermite defending himself, albeit excessively (and in an inflammatory manner); donie attacking. Both apparently need a grown-up in the room. Don't need a ban, but a warning. If it happens again after the warning, things may need to accelerate. I don't like blocking people, even a-holes can occasionally contribute things I can learn from.

The whole point of having moderators is for them to use their good judgement to keep things on track and from getting out of hand. Clearly the situation is in need of moderation, it feels to me like real damage is being done to the forum.

I've valued the contributions of both of the miscreants, but this shit needs to stop!

I see thermite defending himself, albeit excessively; donie attacking. Both apparently need a grown-up in the room. Don't need a ban, but a warning. If it happens again after the warning, things may need to accelerate. I don't like blocking people, even a-holes can occasionally contribute things I can learn from.

I agree, my block list is empty, and I'd really prefer to keep it that way.

I see thermite defending himself, albeit excessively; donie attacking. Both apparently need a grown-up in the room. Don't need a ban, but a warning. If it happens again after the warning, things may need to accelerate. I don't like blocking people, even a-holes can occasionally contribute things I can learn from.

Good counterpoint, I will add to that, mods do something... I think when you get where the last dozen or 50 or whatever (trending) of one member is like his (donie) something needs done. Sure, I've had my moments, key word "moments" not days/weeks....

Already volunteered to moderate. I'd handle it myself if given the go ahead, but no word from Don. I've got plenty of time with my f'ed up back. Mostly stay at home dad these days, with some shop work on the side. Seems he is busy lately. And I agree, not good for the forum if every thread gets dumped on.

I have both of the battling parties on ignore, so it doesn't bother me. To me neither one of them says anything I need to hear. Before Trump was elected I had ZERO on my ignore list, now I have about a dozen. I think Donie & Thermite are the only ones that don't have TDS.

Funny thing is that Thermite goes on and on in the political threads about "starving the parasites" and such, but in each and every other thread on this site merrily goes along feeding the troll :nutter:

I'm beginning to wonder if Bill is having fun at all our expense sock-puppeting the whole damned thing.

I think it's a pretty textbook case of trolling the troll... But that should be done out of the public eye if they insist on keeping it up. Like I said before, if they're so in love they need to get a room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back