Attn Mods: Can we get a ban on donie? - Page 5
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

From the git go on this one.

This thread is true proof of the weakness of democracy that devolves into mob rule.
    And at the same time PM members exemplify the value of a constitutional Monarchy!.

Ain't we all a bunch of big boys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

"Dont ban either of these two guys. I dont know the genesis of the feud, but it sure the hell is entertaining !

Its funny but true, Before this site there was just the chasky board, or whatever it was called, there was an old dufuss that censored everyone and anyone, just like the texas gun smith, who is obviously not a gun smith now on this forum.
    Here is the problem "content" people like stories and they like photos, but, a fight will surely fit in and be entertaining....
    Ok, my deal is picking machines and making them run, and if interesting taking a photos, and discussing the ins and outs of these projects.
    The termite does not create threads, or post any photos, he crashes in and changes the subject as he actually has done in this "my demise thread".
    Just tell the termite to get out of a thread, and he goes "bezerk" and trashes the thread such as he had done to my Axelson lathe thread.
    So, there is a fight, I want the termite troll to stay out of my threads, he claims the right to trash anything he does not like........
    Remember the "content", photos and machine stories, or the fighting! Both are great content, just depends on what you want.
    Its is amusing to see "I cant take this anymore" from those that cant help but to look.... at the fight.

The Axelson lathe, Yoders photo

I am working on this machine, taking photos, but cant share it because of the jealous troll.....

The troll has never done a thread of his own or posted a single photo, Why?

These photos from Yoder show the condition of the machine under magnification, the resolution is very high, I bought the machine because the photos show little wear on the ways.... I have been doing machine repair for a very long time.

Its a fight over photos!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by triumph406 View Post
    ...I think I'll wave my DNA profile around at a bar and see what happens...
    Had to laugh at that--could be a whole new trend in pickup lines...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by donie View Post
    So, there are less then ten people that think bad of me here! Big deal!

But, I am a thread creator, and having a piece of shit amateur like the termite, dump his spew on my threads is a no go.

There have been "ban the termite threads" also, so what?

Perhaps the rest of you can step forward and pick up the slack with threads and photos of your own, and update the Monarch forum. Fat chance of that! Ha Ha Ha!
    Umm...not sure what you think your photos of lathes sitting on concrete prove? No offense to older machinery, but petty sure a large percentage of us are "into" cnc at this point... maybe like saying *I can drive a manual car/stick shift*??

Quote Originally Posted by yardbird View Post
    This place is a Sunday school nursery compared to other places on the internet. I don't agree with asking managment to remove people. It should be done in extreme cases only. Scroll on by

Brent
    I think this qualifies as extreme, for this site and what it tries to do.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeE. View Post
    I administer a facebook group.

I used to be a muckraker on that group, which is just about our town. At first, I was in the middle of, and started most political arguments.

Finally, a few people commented that the political stuff was a bit much.

I got to thinking they were right.

There was a similar group, with a similar title... that had a lot of political bickering, too.

I shut down the arguing on my group, and carried on over on the other group~ where there is never any moderation (well, just one time).

In the meantime, there have been a few trumpers who feel the need to come over to my group and try to slip in the pro-trump disinformation. They see me on both groups, but they don't realize that I actually administer one of them~ they probably don't even know that a person actually controls those sites... some people don't. They just want to come over and get stir shit.

I delete their posts and remove them from the site. They never know what hits them til they can't access the group anymore... then I get membership requests from them.

But, sometimes I just delete their offending post and send them a note saying "no pro trump shit"... and that's the end of it.

Some of them used to get on the other group and try to "shame" me by telling everyone how bad I was, but IDGAF.

It's easy to delete posts. The moderator of this group can do the same. On FB, you can "mute" memebers for so many days~ up to 30 I think. Not sure if you can do that here.
    I am a member of a couple facebook groups, their moderation is down right strict compared to here...

Quote Originally Posted by beckerkumm View Post
    I can't tell if this thread is an example of the disease or the cure. Dave

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JoeE. View Post
    I administer a facebook group.

I used to be a muckraker on that group, which is just about our town. At first, I was in the middle of, and started most political arguments.

Finally, a few people commented that the political stuff was a bit much.

I got to thinking they were right.

There was a similar group, with a similar title... that had a lot of political bickering, too.

I shut down the arguing on my group, and carried on over on the other group~ where there is never any moderation (well, just one time).

In the meantime, there have been a few trumpers who feel the need to come over to my group and try to slip in the pro-trump disinformation. They see me on both groups, but they don't realize that I actually administer one of them~ they probably don't even know that a person actually controls those sites... some people don't. They just want to come over and get stir shit.

I delete their posts and remove them from the site. They never know what hits them til they can't access the group anymore... then I get membership requests from them.

But, sometimes I just delete their offending post and send them a note saying "no pro trump shit"... and that's the end of it.

Some of them used to get on the other group and try to "shame" me by telling everyone how bad I was, but IDGAF.

It's easy to delete posts. The moderator of this group can do the same. On FB, you can "mute" memebers for so many days~ up to 30 I think. Not sure if you can do that here.
    Do you delete anti-Trump posts? If you don't, you're no better than Zuckerberg and Dorsey.

6. Likes jbacc, eKretz, 3t3d, GregSY, DrHook liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Connecticut
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

To lobby some form of authority in an attempt to silence others is a clear sign of weakness.

One can simply move on....Can't believe this is a problem of men.

We're machinists, not interior decorators for Christ's Sake.

8. Likes Tyrone Shoelaces liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Alloy Mcgraw View Post
    To lobby some form of authority in an attempt to silence others is a clear sign of weakness.

One can simply move on....Can't believe this is a problem of men.

We're machinists, not interior decorators for Christ's Sake.
    What are you on about? This is about someone shitting on the whole forum, not someone "being weak'

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think we all just need a larger dose of John Weldon.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 5 axis Fidia guy View Post
    I think we all just need a larger dose of John Weldon.
    I could channel John. For a change of pace.

It's a really TINY vocabulary:

F**king libtard!

I think that was 50% of it?

"Timing" as to when he "launched" an F-bomb missile off the firing rail - when, why, and at WHOM... was the skilled part!

Not sure I can match our owd John on THAT portion?

You'd have to have a 'sense of humour'?

Maybe we'll regain that after the election?

Then again...... on the evidence going-in...

12. Likes Mtndew, 5 axis Fidia guy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by donie View Post
    I think both termite and myself should be banned!
    Cant have a fake like termite bashing a professional machinist, and cant have a professional machinist with better equipment then the amateurs, and the jealous termite.
    It just doesn't work.

Now keep in mind, I am only doing what the termite invented!, I follow him and shit on him, just like he has done to so many others, I think its fun.
    Use the ignor button, it works so well...yes?

The termite pollutes my threads, and prevents others from posting new threads, so?

The termite stopped all, talk on the Monarch ee lathes newer then round dial junkers, on the Monarch forum. And chased off the Monarch factory tech.

I went so far as demonstrate the ELSR in cutting screw threads, this photo is still being mocked by the troll.

No threads , photos from me, thank termite. Try to get one thread or photo from the forum fake! Just try!

So, in the mean time, I bash the fake....
    Termite did post a photo once. It was of his 25 year old Chrysler minivan and some work he was doing on it or something like that. I trolled him like he has me since forever and said that it seems like a ex ceo and know it all who has been everywhere would be driving something better than a $300 winter beater. That's the last picture that I recall termite posting.

I'm not in favor of banning anyone. If you don't like it don't look at it or block them is my opinion. BTW, I have exactly nobody blocked on any forum because I've got relatively thick skin.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

“ Thread: Biden 2020 Campaign Industrial Policy”

This has been closed out. Accepting actions we can at least learn something. This kind of action at least removes a segment where these standoffs are happening. It is understandable given what we see happening today which is tough on everyone.

Short of banning someone this has always been a very prudent and reasonable action.

15. Likes Oldwrench liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Connecticut
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post
    What are you on about? This is about someone shitting on the whole forum, not someone "being weak'
    Who cares?

I would ask what are you on about?

Last 3 posts from you are your dog died, boss wrote a mean note, and you don't like some guy on an internet forum. Are you a teenager?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Big B View Post
    Termite did post a photo once. It was of his 25 year old Chrysler minivan and some work he was doing on it or something like that.
    Not really. You distort. As usual. Free pass, though. Similar photos (strut tower repair) actually have existed!
    I trolled him like he has me since forever and said that it seems like a ex ceo and know it all who has been everywhere would be driving something better than a $300 winter beater.
    "Trolled"??? Sure yah did!!! You flatter yerself!

You actually lose yer ass - every damned time you make the attempt to troll ANYONE! Not just me. You aren't very adept at it is all.

You have just done it again! Nicer ride? The vintage Jaguar XJ8-L is over on the Jaguar forum. Same login "thermite".

The MOPAR minivans? Part of how you KEEP yer money, actually.

They can haul two 48" square pallets in one go, and out of the rain.
    I use them as expendable pickup-truck substitutes at Kleenex prices.

Current one was $3450. Hoses? Power steering, brakes, heat/Air-con - all re-done and the transmission seen-to for around $5K. Nary a signle leak. Anywhere. No effect on tax valuation. looks ratty. Runs lke NEW! Top of the line tires and brakes make it safe when we need all the seats for family visits.

Amortized annual cost is ridiculously cheap. And tax now down to 'nuthin'. NOVA area personal property taxes on newish vehicles are not something I see fit to piss-away money on. "Blue" County so "pissed away" is EXACTLY what we get, too!

Now BIG bee..

Europe when out and about? Nicer rides. VERY!

long lsit includes FIATChroma, Audi TT coupe, Alfa-Romeo 75's, Lancias, Mercedes, BMW (owned that one meself) Renault Laguna (had one of my companies lease it FOR me), right-decent Fords, VW SUV's, Citroen's.. "etc". Interesting countries, interesting roads. Fast cars.

New Zealand and Australia? Boring Toyota Camry class, usually. It's what they have on leaner choices. Two of the Camrys were part of the family fleet, rest were rentals.

China, Mexico, other LATAM? Malaysia, Brunei, Singapore, the Middle East? We hire a vehicle with DRIVER. Legal environments there are not favourable for driving yourself! Hong Kong weve run our own Acuras and Honda Odd-Sissy's.

So tell us, BIG Bee:

What is it YOU chose to drive whilst touring YOUR OWN alternative list to the 27 countries ... out of 51 .. that I have toured driving .. my own BMW or Renault Laguna .. or decent rentals?

Your favorite places?

Your "Most fun" roads?

Surely you have accumulated an interesting list of your own that will differ from my one? Or mayhap we HAVE traversed the same routes, but in different seasons of the year?

Let us share! This could get interesting. Lots of folks here REALLY ENJOY "Grand Touring", on four wheels or on two!

Let's hear your favourites, two wheels or more...!

Or even one of those crossbreeds between a jet ski and a fugitive from an inverted chip-evacuator factory Ox traffics in. "Snow mobile" is it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

hhmmm
    anybody count the "likes" for the hate fucks its all good to act like an asshole side of this argument?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Who cares?

Last 3 posts from you are your dog died, boss wrote a mean note, and you don't like some guy on an internet forum. Are you a teenager?
    You can fuck yourself on the dog comment. Plenty of people here were very supportive and understanding, of which more than a few are my age or older. Maybe you are the teenager here? And those were not my last 3* "posts" maybe in the last few or so I "started"

*By the way, you stalking me or what? I typically respond to usually the stuff on the main page, whether that's new machines, wire edm, haas questions...

20. Likes ChipSplitter, Hardplates, g-coder05, mjk liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Who cares?

It's not just Mike, FYI.

Most of us "normal" people don't enjoy a constant shit-shower that pollutes (seemingly) half the threads on the whole site.

May I suggest you look in the mirror?

22. Likes Mike1974 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Indiana
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yeah it's fine if it's once in a while here or there. As someone said earlier, we all have our moments. When it goes from forum section to forum section and is on every other thread it's getting out of hand. Whoever said they can't believe grown men are complaining about this: would you tolerate it in your shop? I sure wouldn't. If my kids acted this way they'd be in the corner after having their asses whipped.

I consider this forum like a virtual shop. All of y'all are my virtual co-workers, brainstormers, idea-bouncers and c.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

The freedom of speech issue does not really apply here. Aside from the equal time idea, it does not mean that I have to publish your opposing views in my newspaper. Publishers and editors restrict that sort of publication every day, sometimes just for the writing style or language

Bill

25. Likes Homebrewblob, Screwmachine liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Connecticut
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ChipSplitter View Post
    It's not just Mike, FYI.

Most of us "normal" people don't enjoy a constant shit-shower that pollutes (seemingly) half the threads on the whole site.

May I suggest you look in the mirror?
    Thanks for the suggestion, I'll take it into consideration.

You have the option to look at the threads of your choosing? Ever occur to you that not everyone here sees the world as you do? And what you see as an annoyance is not to others?

How about you let the mods do their job, and frequent the threads you choose to enjoy?

BTW...Are you the pitcher or the catcher?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

donie and thermite, please shake virtual hands and try and play nice or I will have to ban....and I honestly hate to ban long time members.