What's new
What's new

Automated Saw for Robot

CNCrobo

Plastic
Okay so here's the situation. I program cncs as well as a cobot to load the mill as needed. How we currently have it setup is a table that we stack parts on as needed and the robot uses a pattern to pick the parts up. The problem with that is for the current job, I will spend almost 8 hours wiping, and stacking parts on this table. The wiping of the parts is so they don't stick together when being picked. It's roughly 8 days of run time so it's justified time but I'm looking to improve.
SO! My thoughts are a cold saw that will feed a small conveyor to the robot. I've already got the conveyor proven to work with some IOs from the robot, so I've been getting quotes from a few different saw manufacturer's. What I need is a saw to be able to receive a signal from the robot saying to cut one more piece, and not the entire stock. The people I have talked to say the only way to do that is to wipe their software and control via PLC which seems excessive to me. Does anyone know of a saw that is able to cut via a command and not cut the entire stock at once? Thanks for any info and if there are any questions I'll answer as needed.

Have them slide down a chute and stack up.

always have robot pull off bottom/end of stack.

stack height is immaterial to robot.

on our Scotchman cold saw the tiger stop will not advance until the head raises enough to activate a switch, once activated the material moves, vices engage, cut happens. Moving that switch to cobot or just the signal if you want to be fancy would set the saws timing to cobot.

Thank you all for the recommendations. Sorry for the delay, I didn't see my post pop up so I thought it was lost lol. I have made a few advancements with the conveyor so I'll make another post in the automation section. I like the idea of moving the switch but not really certain how to automatically load the next bar, confirm length etc ..

Back