What's new
What's new

Ball Bearings (Loose Ball Bearings) for Preloading Bearings

Courtney28

Plastic
Does anyone else have to purchase (loose) ball bearings for preloading bearings or ball nuts? Our shop needs to keep up with demands but it seems most ball bearing manufacturers aren't making stock like they used to and even custom sizes are being quoted from overseas.

I used to rely on Spheric-Trafalger (UK/whse in Georgia) as my ball bearing supplier routinely. I was always given prompt service and fair pricing. Since they have been bought out by Tsubaki, I have not received one quote or any helpful service.

Supplier suggestions? :cryin::ack2:

Bal-Tec is actually proving to have the best quote so far for the job I am quoting. ([email protected] is the general email I reach out to, Victoria is helpful)

On top of checking with them, I also use Thomson Precision routinely. Where I was stuck for this job was looking for a 7/16" ball (specifically 0.43612"), grade 25, chrome steel - however many places tell me they don't have the capability to make a 7/16" ball. I am generally looking for 2,000+ pcs and even will entertain minimum order quantities if they're not unreasonable. We change preloads at our shop a lot so this isn't a task that is going away.

We sell linear guideways and the larger bearings obviously take larger balls, someone has to be making these!

Back