What's new
What's new

Bandsaw work holder/ pusher.. explain this one to me

The inside teeth engage the part. The outside teeth engage a pusher (Grob) or a chain. Never worked with the chain type of feed so I don't know how it was possible to steer the work.

It's the outer contour I'm talking about..Doall are symmetrical, the chain wraps around it, straightforward. The one posted is like none I have seen.. must be something more to it.

My Grob has a similar part, made of two spaced pieces of sheet metal. There's a powered (by weights) slide in the table with holes for pins to push the "alligator", as my granddaughter calls it...

Grob Pusher.jpg

Photo Index - Do-All (Continental Machine Specialties Co.) - 36 inch contour | VintageMachinery.org

Here are some pictures of Do All's feed attachment. Last year I found the photo's on Ebay and posted them to vintage machinery . It's similar to what you guys have. I have the whole feed attachment accept the 90 degree holder. These parts are hard to find. I had never seen one so I saved it for future searchers. I would post the photos but the link is easier.
If you dont mind I would like to post your pictures to preserve them on VM for future reference. I'll give the poster credit for the photo.
Remember that we are the keepers of a lot of rare information and parts. Document your information on p.m's document forum or v.m. In this case photo's. If it's hard to find on a web search.

I see the parts in my photos are also shown in the manual. .

Edit. They wanted $650 for the feed attachment in my link. It sold. sorry about small thumnail

Attachments

• 34443-A.jpg
    34443-A.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 208
The chain can wrap around the back of an odd shaped part or you can use the holder. When I get mine all installed I'll get pictures and add it to my vintage machinery pic's.
They work but hydraulic feed may be better.
I need the 90 deg. Holder
Easy to make.

A whole feed setup minus the work holder sold on Ebay recently for 250$ +/-.

I am familiar with the 'regular' setup as you posted, but not the work holder variant that I originally posted.

I have a partial contour feed for hydraulic table... need to find everything past the bevel gears.

I have a Doall 1612-0 and I'm looking for the table parts of the pedal'weight standard system if anyone has it and wants to sell, please contact me.

What parts do you need, if just the bracket on the back of the table I could supply a sketch? It is simple enough, you could have one made locally?

Kevin

Back