Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Smalls View Post
    For the record, I would, although this is starting to sound like one of those pathetic facebook "If you you really care about me you'll repost this, let's see who reposts it and cares" kinda things. Exactly why I don't do facebook.

BUT, I gotta wonder would anybody campaign for me? Maybe I'll get banned just for shits and giggles.

Oh God, now I'm doing it!

Edit: I was just kidding, really. Now I'm just hopping this post doesn't get me banned!
    You never heard the expression as to being "in Coventry?"

Well.. even on a slow day.. the SEX is waay better than here, on PM!

Even when yah DO get f***ed it somehow just ain't the same..

DAMHIKT, either... but some days? Yah just have to channel Elliot Roosevelt?

FDR:
    I hate war. Eleanor hates war. JAMES hates war! FALA hates war!
    But my son Elliot? He just doesn't give a damn!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Dickman View Post
    Obviously on a psychotic power trip. O
    always has been, comes out the second your view isn't his as half the site I believe would attest to. This whole scenario and choice is just too bizarre for this place.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Smalls View Post
    I gotta wonder would anybody campaign for me? Maybe I'll get banned just for shits and giggles.
    Derek who?

j/j, i'd give you a sappy facebook plea for clemency

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post
    always has been, comes out the second your view isn't his as half the site I believe would attest to. This whole scenario and choice is just too bizarre for this place.
    C'mon. Every man jack HERE has episodes. Some hardly ever, others often.

But we change them as often as our underwear as circumstances change. Agree on some points, disagree on others, different set next day or next week. Humans just DO that s**t.

Gordon? Consistent in all the wrong things. Golem-like. Artificial persona.

Chinese water torture virtualized.

He can't CEASE dripping and chipping, ever, and purely for the SAKE of eliciting a response to his meddling to weave into the continuance of it.

7. Likes Mcgyver, Demon73 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post
    Can NOT emphatically second that enough. How the fsck someone like that even gets thought of for consideration of such a role with that kind of history is beyond belief. It is a very large part of why I stopped frequenting the forum as much as I used to. Just not worth it.

< EDIT >
    To be clear - I have no idea of who banned Barbter, nor why. My position has nothing to do with that event. People should definitely find out before going off half cocked, though.
    < /EDIT >

9. Likes greggv, Mcgyver, Kyle Smith, TeachMePlease liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    C'mon. Evey man jack HERE has episodes. Some hardly ever, others often.

But we change them as often as our underwear as circumstances change. Agree on some points, disagree on others, different set next day or next week. Humans just DO that s**t.

Gordon? Consistent in all the wrong things. Golem-like. Artificial persona.

Chinese water torture virtualized.

He can't CEASE dripping and chipping, ever, and purely for the SAKE of electing a response to his meddling to weave into the continuance of it.
    Yeah. Dunno if Gordon banned Barbter or not but it wouldn't surprise me at all. I've already expressed my opinion as to Gordon's suitability as moderator of *ANYTHING*.

The man is a verbose, vengeful prat who rarely posts anything worth reading except sometimes about metrology. I wasn't happy when spinit banned *him* out of a fit of moderator-power induced pique but at the same time thought this place would finally be free of his trolling & bullshit.

*IF* he's taken to banning people he dislikes, he has to go, at least as a moderator and preferably off the forum.

PDW

11. Likes greggv, digger doug, Kyle Smith, camscan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well this is certainly an entirely unforseen course of events.

Sub mods should not have the privileges to issue site wide bans, as if previous examples were not proof enough of that.

Perhaps this might be the catalyst that encourages Milacron to realise his mistake...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

the new mod seems like one of the guys we used to beat up in school, and now given a little power...a mini hitler! Sad...

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

So one person makes an assumption and the wild internet stupidity ensues

are all of you not old enough to understand how lame you sound

get a fact and then come back, don't make stuff up and run with it

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

On the other hand we're now going to see metrology threads derailed by those who might never have posted before in the metrology section, have no interest in metrology, or who couldn't measure a part to save their life, contributing to threads with the express interest of riling up GBC.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by triumph406 View Post
    On the other hand we're now going to see metrology threads derailed by those who might never have posted before in the metrology section, have no interest in metrology, or who couldn't measure a part to save their life, contributing to threads with the express interest of riling up GBC.
    Interesting observation...I would hope not though

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    So one person makes an assumption and the wild internet stupidity ensues

are all of you not old enough to understand how lame you sound

get a fact and then come back, don't make stuff up and run with it
    The probability that Gordon is legitimately uninvolved in Barbter's suddenly being banned is a very, very small number.

If I'm wrong I will apologise later.

18. Likes TeachMePlease, camscan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've got to say there are guys on here who've gone down in my estimation. So you don't like Gordon because you've crossed swords with him in the past over his views. You don't like his style or maybe his politics, so he has to be hounded out of the metrology sub forum and possibly off the site.

Not because he's incapable of fulfilling the role Milacron has asked him to undertake but because you want to settle old scores.

It does the board as whole no credit for members to behave in this way, we should be bigger and smarter.

Regards Tyrone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Can having a POS annoying troll as a mod drive up ad revenue? Of course that isn't directed at anyone, just a general question. From now on I will pretty much just be here to poach work in the RFQ section. This place has no other benefit to me as when I get stuck, everyone else is stuck, other than Vanbiker, or whatever his name is. I am usually trying to help, not asking for it.

P.S. That was a complement to Vanbiker and the "poach" was a shout out to Mr Notch. As I am pretty much done here other than lurking.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    I've got to say there are guys on here who've gone down in my estimation. So you don't like Gordon because you've crossed swords with him in the past over his views. You don't like his style or maybe his politics, so he has to be hounded out of the metrology sub forum and possibly off the site.

Not because he's incapable of fulfilling the role Milacron has asked him to undertake but because you want to settle old scores.

It does the board as whole no credit for members to behave in this way, we should be bigger and smarter.

Regards Tyrone.
    It is what it is bud. Everyone has their own agenda, he's made it clear (atleast to me) that things I posted prior were enough for him to have an issue. People talked shit as soon as his position was found out, my response to them was to not make a big deal of it at this point. I mean really, it's the metrology section it averages a new thread maybe every few days, if that. But that doesn't matter, I'm not gonna bad mouth the guy, it's not worth it. Fighting on the internet is just as retarded as wearing a tin foil hat.

22. Likes Tyrone Shoelaces liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    Can having a POS annoying troll as a mod drive up ad revenue? Of course that isn't directed at anyone, just a general question. From now on I will pretty much just be here to poach work in the RFQ section. This place has no other benefit to me as when I get stuck, everyone else is stuck, other than Vanbiker, or whatever his name is. I am usually trying to help, not asking for it.

P.S. That was a complement to Vanbiker and the "poach" was a shout out to Mr Notch. As I am pretty much done here other than lurking.
    I just can't see someone with so much to offer not participating because of someone like that...it makes no sense and isn't fair to the rest of us who enjoy and appreciate your additions.

24. Likes TeachMePlease liked this post
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the thoughts guys.
    I was banned from here by Admin #5

Probably for this - defending Spinit etc...
    Strike again...

Tyrone - i have nothing personal against Godron. But he's antagonistic because he will not reply to posts. He starts or answers, and like i said when he's questioned or called out...crickets. No reply. He's a shit stirrer. I can live with it no probs...I've worked in a machine shop so know how how they work

I'd like to think i have added a lot to the technical side of the fourum - certainly the cnc section buy hey-ho, not allowed back until mid December.

Unless barbter 3 creates an account...or my alter ego barbter 4...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture.jpg  

26. Likes gregormarwick liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gregormarwick View Post
    Well this is certainly an entirely unforseen course of events.

Sub mods should not have the privileges to issue site wide bans, as if previous examples were not proof enough of that.

Perhaps this might be the catalyst that encourages Milacron to realise his mistake...
    Youv've gpt a better chance of meeting GOD first!!!!!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by barbter2 View Post
    Thanks for the thoughts guys.
    I was banned from here by Admin #5

Probably for this - defending Spinit etc...
    Strike again...

Tyrone - i have nothing personal against Godron. But he's antagonistic because he will not reply to posts. He starts or answers, and like i said when he's questioned or called out...crickets. No reply. He's a shit stirrer. I can live with it no probs...I've worked in a machine shop so know how how they work

I'd like to think i have added a lot to the technical side of the fourum - certainly the cnc section buy hey-ho, not allowed back until mid December.

Unless barbter 3 creates an account...or my alter ego barbter 4...
    Nice to see you...but delete the account, you can't have more than 1.