Barbter BANNED ??? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 64
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Surbiton, surrey, UK
    Posts
    1,636
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2016
    Likes (Received)
    1052

    Default

    Strike one!!

  2. Likes Mcgyver, plastikdreams liked this post
  3. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,116
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7561
    Likes (Received)
    8708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Smalls View Post
    For the record, I would, although this is starting to sound like one of those pathetic facebook "If you you really care about me you'll repost this, let's see who reposts it and cares" kinda things. Exactly why I don't do facebook.

    BUT, I gotta wonder would anybody campaign for me? Maybe I'll get banned just for shits and giggles.

    Oh God, now I'm doing it!


    Edit: I was just kidding, really. Now I'm just hopping this post doesn't get me banned!
    You never heard the expression as to being "in Coventry?"

    Well.. even on a slow day.. the SEX is waay better than here, on PM!

    Even when yah DO get f***ed it somehow just ain't the same..

    DAMHIKT, either... but some days? Yah just have to channel Elliot Roosevelt?

    FDR:
    I hate war. Eleanor hates war. JAMES hates war! FALA hates war!
    But my son Elliot? He just doesn't give a damn!

  4. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3287
    Likes (Received)
    3729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Dickman View Post
    Obviously on a psychotic power trip. O
    always has been, comes out the second your view isn't his as half the site I believe would attest to. This whole scenario and choice is just too bizarre for this place.

  5. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,850
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3287
    Likes (Received)
    3729

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Smalls View Post
    I gotta wonder would anybody campaign for me? Maybe I'll get banned just for shits and giggles.
    Derek who?

    j/j, i'd give you a sappy facebook plea for clemency

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,116
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7561
    Likes (Received)
    8708

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post
    always has been, comes out the second your view isn't his as half the site I believe would attest to. This whole scenario and choice is just too bizarre for this place.
    C'mon. Every man jack HERE has episodes. Some hardly ever, others often.

    But we change them as often as our underwear as circumstances change. Agree on some points, disagree on others, different set next day or next week. Humans just DO that s**t.

    Gordon? Consistent in all the wrong things. Golem-like. Artificial persona.

    Chinese water torture virtualized.

    He can't CEASE dripping and chipping, ever, and purely for the SAKE of eliciting a response to his meddling to weave into the continuance of it.

  7. Likes Mcgyver, Demon73 liked this post
  8. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,133
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    4203
    Likes (Received)
    3800

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post
    always has been, comes out the second your view isn't his as half the site I believe would attest to. This whole scenario and choice is just too bizarre for this place.
    Can NOT emphatically second that enough. How the fsck someone like that even gets thought of for consideration of such a role with that kind of history is beyond belief. It is a very large part of why I stopped frequenting the forum as much as I used to. Just not worth it.

    < EDIT >
    To be clear - I have no idea of who banned Barbter, nor why. My position has nothing to do with that event. People should definitely find out before going off half cocked, though.
    < /EDIT >

  9. Likes greggv, Mcgyver, Kyle Smith, TeachMePlease liked this post
  10. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Australia (Hobart)
    Posts
    3,598
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    569
    Likes (Received)
    2720

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    C'mon. Evey man jack HERE has episodes. Some hardly ever, others often.

    But we change them as often as our underwear as circumstances change. Agree on some points, disagree on others, different set next day or next week. Humans just DO that s**t.

    Gordon? Consistent in all the wrong things. Golem-like. Artificial persona.

    Chinese water torture virtualized.

    He can't CEASE dripping and chipping, ever, and purely for the SAKE of electing a response to his meddling to weave into the continuance of it.
    Yeah. Dunno if Gordon banned Barbter or not but it wouldn't surprise me at all. I've already expressed my opinion as to Gordon's suitability as moderator of *ANYTHING*.

    The man is a verbose, vengeful prat who rarely posts anything worth reading except sometimes about metrology. I wasn't happy when spinit banned *him* out of a fit of moderator-power induced pique but at the same time thought this place would finally be free of his trolling & bullshit.

    *IF* he's taken to banning people he dislikes, he has to go, at least as a moderator and preferably off the forum.

    PDW

  11. Likes greggv, digger doug, Kyle Smith, camscan liked this post
  12. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Aberdeen, UK
    Posts
    3,662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1263
    Likes (Received)
    1429

    Default

    Well this is certainly an entirely unforseen course of events.

    Sub mods should not have the privileges to issue site wide bans, as if previous examples were not proof enough of that.

    Perhaps this might be the catalyst that encourages Milacron to realise his mistake...

  13. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    so cal, usa
    Posts
    626
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    233
    Likes (Received)
    152

    Default

    the new mod seems like one of the guys we used to beat up in school, and now given a little power...a mini hitler! Sad...

  14. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    People's Republic
    Posts
    3,445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    296
    Likes (Received)
    2240

    Default

    So one person makes an assumption and the wild internet stupidity ensues

    are all of you not old enough to understand how lame you sound

    get a fact and then come back, don't make stuff up and run with it

  15. #31
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    1,749
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1165
    Likes (Received)
    1007

    Default

    On the other hand we're now going to see metrology threads derailed by those who might never have posted before in the metrology section, have no interest in metrology, or who couldn't measure a part to save their life, contributing to threads with the express interest of riling up GBC.

  16. #32
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,421
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    212
    Likes (Received)
    1304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by triumph406 View Post
    On the other hand we're now going to see metrology threads derailed by those who might never have posted before in the metrology section, have no interest in metrology, or who couldn't measure a part to save their life, contributing to threads with the express interest of riling up GBC.
    Interesting observation...I would hope not though

  17. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Aberdeen, UK
    Posts
    3,662
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1263
    Likes (Received)
    1429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    So one person makes an assumption and the wild internet stupidity ensues

    are all of you not old enough to understand how lame you sound

    get a fact and then come back, don't make stuff up and run with it
    The probability that Gordon is legitimately uninvolved in Barbter's suddenly being banned is a very, very small number.

    If I'm wrong I will apologise later.

  18. Likes TeachMePlease, camscan liked this post
  19. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    8,442
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1250
    Likes (Received)
    5380

    Default

    I've got to say there are guys on here who've gone down in my estimation. So you don't like Gordon because you've crossed swords with him in the past over his views. You don't like his style or maybe his politics, so he has to be hounded out of the metrology sub forum and possibly off the site.

    Not because he's incapable of fulfilling the role Milacron has asked him to undertake but because you want to settle old scores.

    It does the board as whole no credit for members to behave in this way, we should be bigger and smarter.

    Regards Tyrone.

  20. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beaverdam, Virginia
    Posts
    7,629
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    741
    Likes (Received)
    3613

    Default

    Can having a POS annoying troll as a mod drive up ad revenue? Of course that isn't directed at anyone, just a general question. From now on I will pretty much just be here to poach work in the RFQ section. This place has no other benefit to me as when I get stuck, everyone else is stuck, other than Vanbiker, or whatever his name is. I am usually trying to help, not asking for it.

    P.S. That was a complement to Vanbiker and the "poach" was a shout out to Mr Notch. As I am pretty much done here other than lurking.

  21. #36
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,421
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    212
    Likes (Received)
    1304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    I've got to say there are guys on here who've gone down in my estimation. So you don't like Gordon because you've crossed swords with him in the past over his views. You don't like his style or maybe his politics, so he has to be hounded out of the metrology sub forum and possibly off the site.

    Not because he's incapable of fulfilling the role Milacron has asked him to undertake but because you want to settle old scores.

    It does the board as whole no credit for members to behave in this way, we should be bigger and smarter.

    Regards Tyrone.
    It is what it is bud. Everyone has their own agenda, he's made it clear (atleast to me) that things I posted prior were enough for him to have an issue. People talked shit as soon as his position was found out, my response to them was to not make a big deal of it at this point. I mean really, it's the metrology section it averages a new thread maybe every few days, if that. But that doesn't matter, I'm not gonna bad mouth the guy, it's not worth it. Fighting on the internet is just as retarded as wearing a tin foil hat.

  22. Likes Tyrone Shoelaces liked this post
  23. #37
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,421
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    212
    Likes (Received)
    1304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    Can having a POS annoying troll as a mod drive up ad revenue? Of course that isn't directed at anyone, just a general question. From now on I will pretty much just be here to poach work in the RFQ section. This place has no other benefit to me as when I get stuck, everyone else is stuck, other than Vanbiker, or whatever his name is. I am usually trying to help, not asking for it.

    P.S. That was a complement to Vanbiker and the "poach" was a shout out to Mr Notch. As I am pretty much done here other than lurking.
    I just can't see someone with so much to offer not participating because of someone like that...it makes no sense and isn't fair to the rest of us who enjoy and appreciate your additions.

  24. Likes TeachMePlease liked this post
  25. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default

    Thanks for the thoughts guys.
    I was banned from here by Admin #5

    Probably for this - defending Spinit etc...
    Strike again...

    Tyrone - i have nothing personal against Godron. But he's antagonistic because he will not reply to posts. He starts or answers, and like i said when he's questioned or called out...crickets. No reply. He's a shit stirrer. I can live with it no probs...I've worked in a machine shop so know how how they work

    I'd like to think i have added a lot to the technical side of the fourum - certainly the cnc section buy hey-ho, not allowed back until mid December.

    Unless barbter 3 creates an account...or my alter ego barbter 4...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails capture.jpg  

  26. Likes gregormarwick liked this post
  27. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    N.W. Ark.
    Posts
    410
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    241
    Likes (Received)
    70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gregormarwick View Post
    Well this is certainly an entirely unforseen course of events.

    Sub mods should not have the privileges to issue site wide bans, as if previous examples were not proof enough of that.

    Perhaps this might be the catalyst that encourages Milacron to realise his mistake...
    Youv've gpt a better chance of meeting GOD first!!!!!

  28. #40
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,421
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    212
    Likes (Received)
    1304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbter2 View Post
    Thanks for the thoughts guys.
    I was banned from here by Admin #5

    Probably for this - defending Spinit etc...
    Strike again...

    Tyrone - i have nothing personal against Godron. But he's antagonistic because he will not reply to posts. He starts or answers, and like i said when he's questioned or called out...crickets. No reply. He's a shit stirrer. I can live with it no probs...I've worked in a machine shop so know how how they work

    I'd like to think i have added a lot to the technical side of the fourum - certainly the cnc section buy hey-ho, not allowed back until mid December.

    Unless barbter 3 creates an account...or my alter ego barbter 4...
    Nice to see you...but delete the account, you can't have more than 1.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •