Barbter BANNED ??? - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 64
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,598
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7561
    Likes (Received)
    8593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    Not because he's incapable of fulfilling the role Milacron has asked him to undertake but because you want to settle old scores.
    Sorry. No. Not seeing the whole picture there. Because Gordon did. Surely he got the expected reaction. But largely off the back of shock and disbelief, Mark Rand having been seen a good fit.

    First thing Gordon does?

    Dictate. Threaten. Brag of it. In strong typeface!

    Question came up as to some B&S (Hexagon) goods old QC and new, maybe no-longer QC'ed at all?

    Seems I posted right after Gordon did. There was no argument to that.

    I didn't SEE his post. He may not have seen mine, either.

    "PM" doesn't have the only "ignore" capability on-planet. Earth or any other.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    7,731
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1806
    Likes (Received)
    5429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barbter2 View Post
    Thanks for the thoughts guys.
    I was banned from Admin #5

    Probably for this - defending Spinit etc...
    Strike again...
    OK, that's a different kettle of fried clams. There's no question your attached message (which I'd not seen before) was provocative, and if Milacron (who I think is the only one who posts as Admin 5) said "Ban" then I understand why.

    I'd suggest being a bit more sensible, and not having a constant "go" against GBC. It's not helping anything, and even gives substantiation to the current action. I don't want you banned (as I didn't Gordon), but sometimes wisdom seems a bit scarce...

  3. Likes awander, TheOldCar liked this post
  4. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Aberdeen, UK
    Posts
    3,608
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1249
    Likes (Received)
    1376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    I've got to say there are guys on here who've gone down in my estimation. So you don't like Gordon because you've crossed swords with him in the past over his views. You don't like his style or maybe his politics, so he has to be hounded out of the metrology sub forum and possibly off the site.

    Not because he's incapable of fulfilling the role Milacron has asked him to undertake but because you want to settle old scores.

    It does the board as whole no credit for members to behave in this way, we should be bigger and smarter.

    Regards Tyrone.
    I don't know if you're including me in that group or not (I hope not).

    Honestly, I'm usually one of the few who, if not actively defend Gordon, at least give him the benefit of the doubt and remain civil with him. He has never offended me personally and I can appreciate the value of his on-topic contributions.

    I'm angry about this because firstly, I knew it was inevitable, and secondly, Barbter is a valued experienced member with wisdom to share and a friendly demeanour.

    I have no scores to settle with Gordon, but I do think that he should not be a moderator.

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Posts
    1,704
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1135
    Likes (Received)
    984

    Default

    Oh the irony, Barbter gets banned by Admin5 (Milacron) and everybody has to jump all over GBC assuming he's the culprit.

  6. Likes TheOldCar liked this post
  7. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Hillsboro, New Hampshire
    Posts
    7,731
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    1806
    Likes (Received)
    5429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gregormarwick View Post
    I don't know if you're including me in that group or not (I hope not).

    Honestly, I'm usually one of the few who, if not actively defend Gordon, at least give him the benefit of the doubt and remain civil with him. He has never offended me personally and I can appreciate the value of his on-topic contributions.

    I'm angry about this because firstly, I knew it was inevitable, and secondly, Barbter is a valued experienced member with wisdom to share and a friendly demeanour.

    I have no scores to settle with Gordon, but I do think that he should not be a moderator.
    I was one who actively petitioned for Gordon to be resurrected, I thought the banning by Spinit was a power move that wasn't warranted. But as I posted above, this does look like an active provocation by Barbter that was acted on not by GBC, but by (I think) Milacron.

    I've had Gordon on my hidden list for periods, especially after one post where he stated that he likes to provoke. But it's not helping when others take that and start to chew and bite on it like a dog with a bone. Two wrongs, and all that...

  8. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,598
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7561
    Likes (Received)
    8593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gregormarwick View Post
    Perhaps this might be the catalyst that encourages Milacron to realise his mistake...
    Learn this. HIS website. By definition he CANNOT "make a mistake".

    He can only piss-off some of the people all the time, all of the people some of the time.. Please them ALL? Far better than the average, surely, but "perfectly"? Not so much.

    "Coz the "other thing" is? You cannot WIN when in that sort of position of power, either.

    I doubt Don loses even a femto-second of sleep over that. Not any more than I once lost.. NOT !

  9. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    People's Republic
    Posts
    3,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    275
    Likes (Received)
    2187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gregormarwick View Post
    The probability that Gordon is legitimately uninvolved in Barbter's suddenly being banned is a very, very small number.

    If I'm wrong I will apologise later.
    AAAAAAAnnnd

    there yah go

    all this complete BS by a bunch of right wingers whining whining whining

    making stuff up

    seriously

    the internet ad nauseum

  10. #48
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    People's Republic
    Posts
    3,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    275
    Likes (Received)
    2187

    Default

    Oh, and I have seen much worse stuff than what barbter posted, perhaps Milacron has rules about personal attacks on moderators, but honestly, if that had pissed me off I would probably have just deleted it and given a private admonition

    honestly that would mostly always be my approach, I find most blowhards go away when you take their megaphone away

  11. Likes tdmidget, TeachMePlease liked this post
  12. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,598
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7561
    Likes (Received)
    8593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gustafson View Post
    all this complete BS by a bunch of right wingers whining whining whining

    making stuff up

    seriously

    Hang on. It's an odd-numbered day. YOUR turn to f**k-up the world.... you Commie Commissar!

    Share the work fairly, willyah?

    Not because you understand "fair". Just because you like having alternate days off-duty. Same as right-wingnuts.


  13. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Flushing/Flint, Michigan
    Posts
    7,944
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    400
    Likes (Received)
    6577

    Default

    Interesting turns on the ban and those jumping up and down.
    Is it a lifetime ban or a cooling off period?
    I've said this before. Don owns the bat, the ball and the park. We only play here at his grace.
    If he picks someone to run a piece of it he picks them and we should all play along.
    I would not tell you who to hire or fire and you should not tell me.
    Bob

  14. Likes Tyrone Shoelaces, jhruska, Mark Rand liked this post
  15. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    15,542
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Dickman View Post
    this whole thing reminds me of this Rifleman episode,

    YouTube

    Obviously on a psychotic power trip. Only a matter of time before he gets his ass handed to him
    Not if Milacron sold PM to him.....

  16. #52
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    429
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    117
    Likes (Received)
    157

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by triumph406 View Post
    On the other hand we're now going to see metrology threads derailed by those who might never have posted before in the metrology section, have no interest in metrology, or who couldn't measure a part to save their life, contributing to threads with the express interest of riling up GBC.
    Good idea

  17. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    15,542
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
    I've got to say there are guys on here who've gone down in my estimation. So you don't like Gordon because you've crossed swords with him in the past over his views. You don't like his style or maybe his politics, so he has to be hounded out of the metrology sub forum and possibly off the site.

    Not because he's incapable of fulfilling the role Milacron has asked him to undertake but because you want to settle old scores.

    It does the board as whole no credit for members to behave in this way, we should be bigger and smarter.

    Regards Tyrone.
    Gordo revealed how he asked for the job.

    Furthermore, Mud pointed out how as a mod, we cannot have him on ignore.

    And apparently many of us had Gordo on ignore.

  18. Likes Dualkit liked this post
  19. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    15,542
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hardplates View Post
    Good idea
    "Chemotherapy"......

  20. Likes Hardplates liked this post
  21. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,598
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    7561
    Likes (Received)
    8593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by digger doug View Post
    Not if the Milacron sold PM to him.....
    He's already told us "right here on PM" that he has sold at least a part of it and reduced his personal involvement by some measure or another.

    His rice-bowl, not mine. Nor "ours".

    Nothing stays the same forever....

    But not to Gordon. Nor to Richard King.

    Neither of them ever made their OWN damned website earn its keep!

    Part of why each of them were HERE!


  22. #56
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    15,542
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CarbideBob View Post
    Interesting turns on the ban and those jumping up and down.
    Is it a lifetime ban or a cooling off period?
    I've said this before. Don owns the bat, the ball and the park. We only play here at his grace.
    If he picks someone to run a piece of it he picks them and we should all play along.
    I would not tell you who to hire or fire and you should not tell me.
    Bob
    Didn't you post last year about dealing with a terrible female purchasing agent ?

  23. #57
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    15,542
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    He's already told us "right here on PM" that he has sold at least a part of it and reduced his personal involvement by some measure or another.

    His rice-bowl, not mine. Nor "ours".

    Nothing stays the same forever....

    But not to Gordon. Nor to Richard King.

    Neither of them ever made their OWN damned website earn its keep!

    Part of why each of them were HERE!

    "Baileigh [Sponsored Forum]"

    Gee....someone paid someone, something for this one eh ?

    So an opportunity arose a few weeks ago....."Meterology section fur sale"

  24. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    15,542
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No one said it yet ?

    "Yes, there is something rotten in Denmark"

  25. Likes camscan liked this post
  26. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Geneva Illinois USA
    Posts
    6,210
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    2663
    Likes (Received)
    2411

    Default

    Anyone for a new micrometer to measure in plancks?

    Tom

  27. Likes Ziggy2 liked this post
  28. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    15,542
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TDegenhart View Post
    Anyone for a new micrometer to plancks?

    Tom
    Who uses Micrometers anymore....everything get's sent "To the Cordax !"

    A week later, and several reams of printouts later, answers if the part is "O.K."


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •