What's new
What's new

Bend allowance on press brakes

Strostkovy

Titanium
We just got a new press brake and it wants to add a bend allowance to every bend, so after loading a file I have to edit the program manually to get the backgauge numbers I need.

All of the sheet metal stuff is handled in our cad program, and all of our dxfs have bend lines where I want the bends to be. Is it wrong to think the brake should put the bend lines where I specified, and not try to correct for flange widths?

Especially since we rarely do simple 90 degree flanges, and the part that fits between the die and the backgauge is rarely the dimension we care about.

What gets me is on the flat drawing view it actually shrinks the blank to accommodate the bend allowance. It doesn't export the blank to anything, just shows you that it's going to bend it as if it was smaller.

We just got a new press brake and it wants to add a bend allowance to every bend, so after loading a file I have to edit the program manually to get the backgauge numbers I need.

All of the sheet metal stuff is handled in our cad program, and all of our dxfs have bend lines where I want the bends to be. Is it wrong to think the brake should put the bend lines where I specified, and not try to correct for flange widths?

Especially since we rarely do simple 90 degree flanges, and the part that fits between the die and the backgauge is rarely the dimension we care about.

What gets me is on the flat drawing view it actually shrinks the blank to accommodate the bend allowance. It doesn't export the blank to anything, just shows you that it's going to bend it as if it was smaller.

Might be helpful to know what computer system you are working with.....
It sounds like you want to dis-able the system, and give the backgage raw numbers.

Might be helpful to know what computer system you are working with.....
It sounds like you want to dis-able the system, and give the backgage raw numbers.

Delem Profile-T software on an Accurl press brake.

Do people usually want correction factors applied to files automatically like this?

Back