What's new
What's new

Best bang for the buck BT40 tools

Agfrvf

Aluminum
Yes I know this has been posted before and read back till 08 but new companies are popping up all the time.

Tooling up my VMC for production of mostly cosmetic parts with eyeball tolerances. Tried buying second hand big name tools but have gotten burned. So far I have a 1.25arbor shell with a 3" Niagara, an Acura Flex <1", a 3/8 Wheldon shank, and a jacobs. Need ER25 and possibly 32 for shank length.

Who makes the best bang for the buck ER25 and ER32 chucks?

Yes I know this has been posted before and read back till 08 but new companies are popping up all the time.

Tooling up my VMC for production of mostly cosmetic parts with eyeball tolerances. Tried buying second hand big name tools but have gotten burned. So far I have a 1.25arbor shell with a 3" Niagara, an Acura Flex <1", a 3/8 Wheldon shank, and a jacobs. Need ER25 and possibly 32 for shank length.

Who makes the best bang for the buck ER25 and ER32 chucks?

If you are just starting tooling up, I would skip the ER25 for now. I *think* ER32 goes from 1/8" (1/4?) to 3/4", so it will cover a big range of tools. Now, the downfall with using ER32 for smaller tools is the nut gets to be proportionality too large for small tools when using coolant, BUT there are ways to comp for that.... I would just get ER32 OR ER25/16/11, depending on size of tools you think you are going to need....

I have my acura flex which goes 1/4 - 1" but its a long collet(learned my lesson on the 2/3rds grip rule). Down side is its 130ftlbs+ and very expensive collets.

Er25 seems most cost effective as I use 12mm and 1/2 tools mostly.

Whats with the 130 ft-lbs thing- if you are talking nut torque, in my opinion that's way excessive. I've been using Universal collet chucks since 1986, and never tightened them that tight. Might be a catalog spec, but its unnecessary.

I have for sale:
-some brand new Lyndex BT40 ER20 collet chucks
-some brand new Lyndex CAT40 tooling
-brand new Lyndex NMTB40 tooling
-lots of used, but good CAT40, NMTB40, ...

Back