What's new
What's new

Birmingham YCL2060 vs DLC2060??

IQRaceworks

Aluminum
Besides having a larger spindle bore, can anyone tell me what the main differences are between the Birmingham DLC2060 and the Birmingham YCL2060?

The DLC is more money, and weights more...I'm assuming that if choosing between the two....the DLC would be the better machine?

Any info would be great!

Thanks!

The DLC is made by Dalian in china, the YLC is also surely from china and from appearance looks closer to a mazak mate knock off slightly bigger perhaps, there's many different manufacturers making a knock off of that model, some are junk, some are really good like the Kingston, but are also more $ for the good one.
Regarding the dalian you can buy it under various names, Matt, a board member here sells them as well I believe.

Thanks for the information.

If you could choose either one...the DLC or the YCL...which would be a better machine?

Thanks again! :D

Neither without a good in person inspection, although if forced into it I'd have to say the dalian simply because at least you know they're sold by various people and might be easier to get parts for, vs who knows who makes that other one.

Back