What's new
What's new

Black Diamond BW-95PC Web Thinner label

Mike Henry

Titanium
Does anyone have a photo of the label on the web thinner for a BW-95PC that could email to me? The one on my grinder is completely obliterated and I'd like to make a replacement.

TIA

I've got the same problem. I've also been hunting for a good photo, but no luck so far. The best I've been able to find is attached. I captured it from a YouTube video and edited it for a bit more clarity. Not sure if Black Diamond might sell these little plates new, never bothered to check. Near as I can tell, location 1-8 are:

1. 10°-
2. 5°+
3. 15°+
4. 15°+
5. 15°+
6. 25°+
7. 30°+
8. 50°+

Attachments

• 20180708_013404.jpg
    20180708_013404.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 104
Thank - That looks good enough, especially with your "translation". I'm playing around with laser marking metal right now and will try this next.

I'm almost done with a draft. Do you know what the bottom row of characters are? It looks like "- Φ +" but I can't quite figure out what the leftmost character(s) is/are.

Yeah the bottom is just like you think. On the left I think that's just a blemish. The little theta symbol is the alignment point for the scale graduations on the collar, and + and - are just regarding the direction as indicated by the chart.

By the way, you are aware that that chart is only for parabolic drills, right? It's only meant as a rough guide. Normal drills should be very close to splitting right at the chisel at 0° and the manual says for crankshaft split, turn the collar to 15° clockwise (+ direction) and for a reduced rake like for drilling brass, to 40° clockwise. Personally I like a little more toward 20° - 25° for what's more of a modified split point. These tend to start better without wandering or tri-lobing in my opinion. At any rate, the given numbers are just a guideline - you may need to tweak a little depending on included angle and drill geometry.

By the way, you are aware that that chart is only for parabolic drills, right? It's only meant as a rough guide. Normal drills should be very close to splitting right at the chisel at 0° and the manual says for crankshaft split, turn the collar to 15° clockwise (+ direction) and for a reduced rake like for drilling brass, to 40° clockwise. Personally I like a little more toward 20° - 25° for what's more of a modified split point. These tend to start better without wandering or tri-lobing in my opinion. At any rate, the given numbers are just a guideline - you may need to tweak a little depending on included angle and drill geometry.

No, I didn't actually know that so thanks for the heads up. I hadn't read that part of the manual yet bu will rectify that oversight.

Here is a picture of the laser-marked result. I used Laser Bond (a Thermark clone) and a 60-watt CO2 laser to mark some 22-ga 6061-TS aluminum sheet. Thanks for help!

BW-95PC.jpg

Back