What's new
What's new

Black Friday Shop plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalmaster10

Stainless
I love seeing cool things folks make.
After reading the thread about last weekends “what are you making this weekend”… it gave me an idea.
What are you doing Black Friday?
Visiting with family? Regular work day? Shopping? Sleeping? Making cool stuff?
For me it is a time to get some peace and quiet in the shop and actually get something done without all the other workday distractions.
I have done the black Friday shopping and moved that from the bucket list to the other list of “don’t need to do that again,” we do our family Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving day, only travel a half hour, so it’s all done on Thursday.
So, while others are sleeping off their turkey hangover or fighting over a $ .99 savings on some POS outdated electronic gadget, the rest of us get to spend some quality time in the shop. Unbothered by the rest of the world.
What cool project will you be making? I will be catching up on a special project for a very patient customer as well as making some special coolant line adapters for my newest lathe, and maybe a couple custom toolholders. Nothing really wild, just nice to have some peace and quiet to think.

Wife is working, so maybe just have a day of quiet! LOL

Probably working part time job, doing some actual machining. :)

Hiding....
Eating leftover smoked brisket....drinking leftover whatever....maybe watch some hockey and/or football.
Fall asleep on the couch with the sun coming through the window and the dog curled up on my feet.:Yawn:

Now THAT sounds like a plan. Going to do the same with the girlfriend and her cat.

And actually looking at plans, for a shop. The dog will come later.

The girlfriend is going to curl up on your feet???? I don't even make my dogs curl up on my feet.

31164182255_9253656850_c.jpg

And a CAT!!! I'd hurry up and get a dog or 2 or 3 and nip that in the bud real quick... Of course then
she'll flip it around on you like my better half did and bring home one of these little yippy things..

31164178185_9f6a2ffbb5_c.jpg

Still better than another cat, even though its smaller than all the cats..

And she wants a doberman, so my only long term worries are whether 1200 ft^2 is big enough for all my junk.

Dobermans are great if you can handle the little hairs all over and a dog that always smells like ass. They smell like a hound, but really are great dogs.

1200 sq ft... house, fine. shop, no!

Its not.....

I know. But I managed with the shop in 600, and most of the rest of it in my garage which is about 400. And a bunch of that stuff will not go on the truck when I pack it up. If I can't sell it, what can burn, will.

Figuring 1200 in one chunk is way more usable than the same area in 2. That's my hope anyway.

Had a bunch of dobie's growing up. Never had one that smelled bad, but they do get a bit oily and grungy if they haven't had a bath in awhile. Not near as bad as some other breeds.

@ Bobw -
My dog insists at sleeping at my feet! :D She will sit on the floor, near the couch towards my feet, and look at me, then look at my feet, until I lift my legs up so she can get on the couch. Then I have to rearrange myself so we both can lay down. Ya, she's the boss right after the wife. :o

I will get up at 4AM to go sit in a dialysis chair from about 6AM until 10AM. Then I go home and get a nap on the sofa. My dedicated cat sleeps right beside me. Then I get up and try to decide what I can dispose of to get my shop functional again. When we moved from South Carolina to Florida, the available space for the shop went from over 1,600 Square Feet to about 900. I need an outside building!

Jim

Probably go for a hike and scout a local county park for campsites for a later date. There's a short riverfront "trail" in a nearby town where they're beginning construction on a replacement Missouri River bridge. Thought I'd take the binos and check out what they're doing. I used to be involved in structural design (steel structures and foundations, but as far as bridges - concrete pre-cast only) and would like to go check out what I still remember from that 'previous life'.

#OptOutside
#OptOutside with REI on Black Friday - REI.com

Fuck consumerism.

Sympathies to those working. I like having the "day after" off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back