What's new
What's new

Bonding powder coated parts.

alexf

Plastic
Hello All,
I have a product that involves putting an aluminum powder coated 7/8" round bar into a steel 1.00" tube that is powder coated. The aluminum plug is loose by about .005" and we are hoping to find a glue/epoxy that will make a permanent bond with these parts. I have been using Lords 406 epoxy which works great but is messy to apply,expensive and uses a lot of mixing tubes.

I'm wondering if there is some sort of Loctite type product that would fill the space and bond to powder coat.
Any ideas?

Thanks

lord used to make Versaloc that used a separate activator that you applied to one side and it would kick off the resin when in contact, great stuff but smelly. You should be able to do that with a CA. Check both Loctite and Cyberbond.
if the outer part is a tube, can you crimp it?

Good idea on the crimping,I might try it if it does not crack the powder coat on the outer tube. We actually drill the tube and plug to put a roll pin through it and gets covered with a handle. Mostly the glue is to take up the looseness and give me piece of mind as it would be a problem if it came out.

Cheers

Back