What's new
What's new

Bought the only PEHAKA horizontal band saw in the US.

Doug W

Hot Rolled
Well at least it seems that way. :)

It is a model HSE 260, made in 1974.
About 10"x16" capacity with a 1" blade.
Nice machine, in great shape and built like a panzer tank!
Weighs about 600lbs.

Did some googling before purchase and found next to nothing on it. A few in a couple of shops equipment lists, but that is about it.
Oddly 2 of the shops that have one are only a few miles away from where I purchased it.
Perhaps they had a good salesman for that area.

Anyone have one, seen one, used one?
Obtaining parts could be scary. All the cast iron parts are undamaged and I could probally make anything else if it was needed in the future.

Doug,

The place where I did my apprenticeship from late 1970's-1980's had a Pehaka horizontal bandsaw. It did all the work for the toolroom and maintanance shop, most of its time cutting various toolsteel. Seemed like a good saw, I don't recall any problems. Sorry, can't help with any info on parts etc. It was German from memory with hydraulic lift. I think it had a mechanical variator for blade speed (hazy memory).

??? German Hunh ?

One shop I was at in the 80s had a German horizontal saw.
The blade fed outward from the pivot.

Had to in-side-out the new blades.
Always sawed str8 as an Arrow.

Can't remember the brand.

m1m

One shop I was at in the 80s had a German horizontal saw.
The blade fed outward from the pivot.

Hmmm...
I didn't notice that. But I am sure the motor is reversable.
But I did notice that the stationary jaw of the vise was opposite the pivot end. So perhaps the blade rotation is non conventional.

I have a Pehaka Roboter 250 automatic, bought it new in 1979, still saws as good as new. It saws away from pivot, makes it easier to clean out swarf. I replaced needle roller pivot bearing with sintered superload bush, replaced blade quides, drive end shaft and bearings. Great saw. I also have a Behringer, Kasto, Bomar and FMB. New parts are still available for Pehaka from the company that I bought it from.

does your roboter auto feed feature work?-have spent some time w/ mine --motor is good,contactor was good ,put new one in anyway---have to manual the relay,and it will feed -but not auto !!-thanks,patView attachment 262031

I have a Pehaka Roboter 250 automatic, bought it new in 1979, still saws as good as new. It saws away from pivot, makes it easier to clean out swarf. I replaced needle roller pivot bearing with sintered superload bush, replaced blade quides, drive end shaft and bearings. Great saw. I also have a Behringer, Kasto, Bomar and FMB. New parts are still available for Pehaka from the company that I bought it from.

are you still around to inquire some things about your pehaka??-thanks,pat

Back