What's new
What's new

Brass wear Sleeve Purchase

longrangejon

Plastic
Looking for a source to buy a brass wear sleeve for packing style JM pump
example 1.25 id x 1.75 od 4.25 long
thanks if your gonna delete this post Mr moderator can you pm and tell me what I am doing wrong thanks

John Mansville used to make asbestos pump packing. My father had a box with a roll of it sitting on the shelf above his workbench.
Bill D.

You might get a bronze bushing from a bearing sales outlet.......possibly the length will require two pieces..............didnt John s Manville go broke over asbestos claims.?

Sorry for the lack of information this is a wear sleeve on a farmer style irrigation pump with JP style electric motor
jm is mechanical seal type
dimensions of 1.25id x 1.75id x 4.25long was a example of a common size
this actually gets shrunk on the shaft of the electric motor where the packing seals off the water this is SAE660 material I believe
I need these in 500 - 1000 per year misc sizes
thanks

Sorry for the lack of information this is a wear sleeve on a farmer style irrigation pump with JP style electric motor
this actually gets shrunk on the shaft of the electric motor where the packing seals off the water this is SAE660 material I believe
thanks

Yes, a bearing bronze, also known as C93200. If you need these made to a tighter spec than what's typically offered by a bushing fab company, you'll have to supply a detailed print which includes tolerances before anyone here can quote them for you.

And if you're not familiar with such drawings, you should get an engineer to give you a hand creating them. Getting parts in that don't work due to a bad spec isn't helpful for you or the guys who made your parts.

Why would they continue to use piston pumps? A centrifugal would be more efficient and thus save money on electricity. I thought centrifugal pumps replaced piston pumps for lower pressures about 80 years ago.
Bill D.

Why would they continue to use piston pumps? A centrifugal would be more efficient and thus save money on electricity. I thought centrifugal pumps replaced piston pumps for lower pressures about 80 years ago.
Bill D.
Piston pump will make high pressure with low rpm low power motor, it will sacrifice gpm. I am using an old piston pump with 1/4 hp motor to boost the pressure of my well systems dual 2hp centrifugal pumps, I have them set to turn off at a lower psi to conserve energy. Centrifugal pump usually max out around 50 psi or so, piston pump 100 psi or so.
Dankoff is a leader in off grid remote pumpimg, here is a link to one of theirs:
Solar Force Piston Pump - Dankoff Solar Pumps

thanks

As someone else 'splained it to you, make a drawing, fully dimensioned & toleranced.

It is the language of the machinist.

Period

And then, slide down to the manufacturing resources section, and post your drawing
and qty's required there.

Back