What's new
What's new

Bridgeport J Head Rebuild

CC

Aluminum
It's time to rebuild my J Head. It's been making noise and today the timing belt broke. Can anyone tell me where to purchase a kit?

Happy New Year

Chuck

Last edited:
Tools Needed for Series 1 J-Head Step Pulley Rebuild

A ILION Renovating Manual I have states 2 styles of Spanner Wrenches are needed.
A Hinged “Pin” and
A Hinged “Hook”

Any recommendation on type, size and range I should have on hand?

Thanks

Leaky

You might want to get in touch with these guys:

H&W Machine Repair & Rebuilding - Parts and Service for the Metalworking Industry

They've been in the rebuild business for over 35 years. They will sell you any Bridgeport parts you can think of. They will also walk you through any tough spots. They also have a set of instructional videos on their website. They are very knowledgeable and easy to talk to. I haven't had to do a full head rebuild yet, but over the years I have purchased parts from them and gotten installation tips. Whenever I need a part for a Bridgeport these are my go to people.

I have no association with them other than being a satisfied customer.

Thanks.
I have watched a couple of their videos and was very impressed.

My CRS being what it is, I’m trying have that “one” tool I know I will require In the job IOT to proceed. (You know the one that sits for years not being used UNTIL.)
Worst time/price to buy something is when you “need” it. :) Appreciate the response.

You might want to get in touch with these guys:

H&W Machine Repair & Rebuilding - Parts and Service for the Metalworking Industry

They've been in the rebuild business for over 35 years. They will sell you any Bridgeport parts you can think of. They will also walk you through any tough spots. They also have a set of instructional videos on their website. They are very knowledgeable and easy to talk to. I haven't had to do a full head rebuild yet, but over the years I have purchased parts from them and gotten installation tips. Whenever I need a part for a Bridgeport these are my go to people.

I have no association with them other than being a satisfied customer.

Great video library.

Thanks for posting.

Back