What's new
What's new

Bridgeport Power Feed

TurninNBurnin

Plastic
Was wondering if anyone has experience with a TTC power feed for a bridgeport mill. Pros/Cons would be helpful. Power_feed_80-200-300__62079.1517261768.jpg

I am not familiar with that particular brand but I do have an opinion on power feeds in general. Take the plunge. I added power feed to my Bridgeport in the early 80's and it was some of the best money I ever spent. Here is why:

Less tedious.
Can leave the mill to do other tasks on long operations.
Makes climb feed possible when you need a certain finish.
Fast traverse saves a lot of crank time.
Less tedious.

All of the above and also: makes the feed more uniform, no artifacts from hand cranking pressure pushing the table one way then the other, etc.

And climb can still be a problem if you have much backlash, use caution.

That style looks just like the Align brand I just put on the knee on our Wells Index mill. I have a Harbor freight one looks similar on our Webb knee and an other one looks similar on the x both over 20years old and used daily.

The Index has a Servo on the x so in comparing them the Align is smoother at slow speeds.

There are so many like that with different names,don't know if they all come from the same factory or if several factorys are just cloning them.

I don't know about the ttc branded, but I can recommend the one Shars sells. I have had one on my mill for over a year. works great.

I had a Shars and that worked well. There seem to be two "groups", one from China for less than $200, and the other from Taiwan, Align I think, for $350 to $400.
Pretty obvious which one to go for, even though the ads and photos look the same.
They're a great improvement !
Bob

Back